Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

Given that the stadium in LA isn't even finished being built yet and there's presumably going to be significent delays on that now, there's a (small) chance they won't actually be able to do it in LA next year (not in that stadium anyway), so I wonder if they'd do it in Tampa next year.

Although I don't think LA is short of massive stadiums, so I guess they'd just move it to one of those if that have to.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

WWE played a blinder picking that Metallica track for his entrance. If you'd have done a poll, guarantee 90% of people would have wanted "Rollin'" or "American Badass." But that would have been cheesy and shit thinking about it. Instead he looked fucking class riding into the boneyard to Metallica. Because as we all know, Metallica makes anything better. They gave Jim Fullington a fucking career.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

3 hours ago, The Dart said:

Given that the stadium in LA isn't even finished being built yet and there's presumably going to be significent delays on that now, there's a (small) chance they won't actually be able to do it in LA next year (not in that stadium anyway), so I wonder if they'd do it in Tampa next year.

Although I don't think LA is short of massive stadiums, so I guess they'd just move it to one of those if that have to.

Interesting that that video piece they had on the show didn’t have the stadium name, it was just Wrestlemania: Hollywood. We’re off back to the LA Memorial Sports Arena lads!

Oh wait, no we’re not

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Interesting that that video piece they had on the show didn’t have the stadium name, it was just Wrestlemania: Hollywood. We’re off back to the LA Memorial Sports Arena lads!

Oh wait, no we’re not

This is the first I've heard of it being in the SoFi next year. I'm interested, if it's actually going ahead.

Just checked out the main stuff.

Both WWE and Universal Title matches were dog shit. Drew in particular will always be as dull as dishwater.

Taker Vs. Styles was a great laugh and a perfect example of so bad it's good.

Cena Vs. Bray was a load of self indulgent, insider riddled nonsense but by God I fucking loved it if only for the retro Saturday Nights Main Event music.

The Fiend is shit though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Very good read and explanation of the psychology of the cinematic event. As I mentioned, it creates an opportunity for more character development. Will we finally have a heel Cena when he next rolls around? The commentary team have a lot to work with in terms of the Fiend gimmick, the manipulation etc. I fear though, these will be opportunities missed! 

9 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Reading this now. It’s interesting, Bray saying he had to work for everything and Cena was handed everything. Bray Wyatt as a character isn’t defined by hard work, so it seems like it’s supposed to be a “shoot” reference - but the real life fella was given a job because of his dad, has been primarily used as an upper card talent for the last seven years despite having barely a handful of really good matches, and goes to McDonald’s more than he goes the gym.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

In a weird little shoot thing, on the latest WWF Comp on Youtube (Sep 1993) Vince interviews IRS right at the end and refers to him as "Mr Rotundo" a couple of times before reverting to "Mr Shyster" later on.

I was quite pleased reading that write-up because I'd interpreted it all "correctly". Go me. on board with @King Pitcos though. That line about Bray having to work for everything he has immediately jumped out to me because he's a 2nd Generation wrestler, not a street hoodie.

The whole thing is bollocks anyway if you break it down. Even in the build up, the whole thing centres around the fact Cena didn't put him over at Mania 30. What's that mean to anyone story line wise? It's all horseshit. Cleverly done, of course, and Cena in the nWo shirt was great. If this was a TV show, then it's all in Wyatt's head and so it's fine. This isn't though. This is Cena playing along in a live dream sequence. It's Hogan/Warrior in the mirror level bollocks.