Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

Just started watching the show and I’m gutted it’s not in the stadium now because that intro video was fucking amazing. To go from that to HHH’s shed put a right dampener on things

All I know is we need more Pirate Becky Lynch :love: and I want Mojo Rawley and this Gronk gobshite dead

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

It’s amazing, really. A show that was hindered and handicapped more than any Wrestlemania in recent memory and yet they managed to send me home happier than any show since Wrestlemania 30. This needs to be it for Taker. The highest high he’s had in years. He’s never going to have a better moment to literally drive off into the sunset. 

EA62023F-CE1A-4A40-A9F8-567F48F48179.thumb.jpeg.156a391ce50e128e342735f7dd9819cd.jpeg

Absolutely brilliant.

I have mixed feelings about this. I’d like to see him wrap up his career in front of a crowd, in a match we know is the last one. I doubt he’s capable of anything spectacular at this point in his life, but I think he deserves that moment. Maybe have him win the title one last time over someone who can bump for him, like Rollins. Just give him that moment in front of an audience, even if it’s a squash.

And preferably don’t do it in Saudi Arabia.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I have mixed feelings about this. I’d like to see him wrap up his career in front of a crowd, in a match we know is the last one. I doubt he’s capable of anything spectacular at this point in his life, but I think he deserves that moment. Maybe have him win the title one last time over someone who can bump for him, like Rollins. Just give him that moment in front of an audience, even if it’s a squash.

And preferably don’t do it in Saudi Arabia.

I’ve already changed my mind. There’s now no match they could possibly come up with that I’d want to see more than Undertaker vs. Sting in a Boneyard match at next year’s Wrestlemania. They’ve finally found a way to do that dream match without either guy needing to take real bumps.

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’ve already changed my mind. There’s now no match they could possibly come up with that I’d want to see more than Undertaker vs. Sting in a Boneyard match at next year’s Wrestlemania. They’ve finally found a way to do that dream match without either guy needing to take real bumps.

This a million time. Perfect pay off for both guys to ride into the sunset after that.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Louch said:

Was the undertaker bit definitely Borash, or is he just assumed to have done it? 

A Borash/Prichard joint, I'd wager. But it definitely had the feel of the other Borash stuff.

Obviously we've not seen the other yet, but I went to bed positively salivating about the prospect of a Boneyard/Funhouse crossover match in the future.

• Paid Members

What's not to love about that main event? The entrances, the trash talk, Undertaker wheezing up a storm, magically reappearing behind AJ (accompanied by OTT demonic music), the roof battle, AJ's end and The End. They may have stumbled onto a way of extending The Undertaker's career by 5 years. Had the whiff of an 80s action film and what a film. This should also end any argument against American Bad Ass Taker being the best version of the character - he's a right boring tit without it.

The rest of the show flew in too, which was a genuine surprise because I was expecting to give up an hour in or at least go into skip mode.

The only thing I wasn't into was the Seth Rollins v Kevin Owens match, but even that redeemed itself with that mad dive at the end, which Rollins sold like a champ - even if he will never out-wheeze asthma survivor, The Undertaker.

Edited by ColinBollocks

First wrestlemania in ages. The boneyard match was dreadfully good. I'm curious to see if AJ changes post mania, if not then it ruins it. 

I didn't like the ladder match which many seemed to, seemed flat and a bit off at times. None of the guys came across like they wanted to kick the shit out each other which I feel a ladder match needs. 

The women's tag, Cross almost came across like she was ripping into no fans being there with the clapping and stomping. I think this would have been good with a crowd there. However I don't understand why they didn't retape the finish as it clearly went wrong. 

Baszler vs Lynch started as a hit sprint but the last minute or 2 didn't keep up the pace but still a fine match. 

Zayne vs Brian was just bland, you would expect more from these 2.

I thought Owens vs Rollins was okay but then the last 5 minutes was really good and just felt like a good backstage brawl. 

Title match, well it could have been worse. 

The show wasn't a failure but it didn't click, the effort was there from the wrestlers but I think the show emphasises how much a crowd reaction changes a match just even by reaction of a wrestler walking to the ring. 

Glad it wasn't just me who loved that main event. I wasn't sure if it was one of those '3am' in the morning feelings where your tired and it was better than it actually was.

Fairplay to Styles, as a character he came across really well too. I just hope the firefly funhouse is just as fun tonight and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the main event tonight to end the show in the same way.

I haven't really watched much build up in the empty arenas so this felt a bit fresh, I did enjoy Bryan/Zayn and Zayn especially talking the whole way through the match made the match for me, still in character and he did it better than most. Owens/Seth not too far behind either. Braun winning was a surprise to me but the match didn't really drag so can let them off on that.

Some very obvious cuts where you knew they had two endings filmed, glad the main event made me forget about that by the end of the show. 

Boneyard match was fantastic, pure spectacle. What I'd love (and obv will never happen) is a release of the alternative deleted scenes from the event since they apparently filmed different outcomes on some matches to protect spoilers leaking. They could even cut an alternative Wrestlemania with the opposite outcomes, just to further cement the bizarro nature of this year's event. Hell, at the end of night two I want Vince to pop up Wayne's World style 'Hahah, can you imagine if that's how things went down? Here's what really happened' wiping to Goldberg and Lesnar both retaining (assuming Drew wins tonight).

There's a behind the scenes article on WhatCulture noting it was Triple H and Michael Hayes running the show for the Boneyard shoot with a lot of free reign given to Styles and Taker (none of the trash talking was planned originally, was all Styles/Taker).  Either way if was fucking fantastic.  Probably the best thing on a Mania in years.