The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I don’t think anyone was arguing that fact. 

Yeah I was more just making the point that the guy loads supposedly won't know is more famous than the guy who was meant to be the big end of show star. 

Anyone looking for a Mike Tyson style name hasn't looked at the state of the term celebrity of late. Unless Kim Kardashian shows up then there isn't a name as big as Tyson was out there. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, FUM said:

Yeah I was more just making the point that the guy loads supposedly won't know is more famous than the guy who was meant to be the big end of show star. 

Anyone looking for a Mike Tyson style name hasn't looked at the state of the term celebrity of late. Unless Kim Kardashian shows up then there isn't a name as big as Tyson was out there. 

Didn't they actually get Kim Kardashian at one of the WrestleManias? I want to say 24...

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

They should bring in one of these Youtube cunts. They're pretty famous. They could even have them calling a nothing match with someone like the B-team from a little corner in the top left of the screen. 2019 . . . fuck me.

And the new 24/7 champion...

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

They should bring in one of these Youtube cunts. They're pretty famous. They could even have them calling a nothing match with someone like the B-team from a little corner in the top left of the screen. 2019 . . . fuck me.

Absolutely. Have they had any YouTubers on WWE yet? Missed trick for an entire generation there. PewDiePie, Logan Paul, DanTDM...bring them in. I mean, look at the buzz surrounding the KSI VS Logan Paul boxing rematch. They have a genuine world champion level boxer (and massive cunt) Billy Joe Saunders on the undercard, which goes to show who butters whose bread. My 9yo daughter asked to watch the first boxing match between them last year, she has no interest in boxing whatsoever.

• Paid Members

So hilariously, whoever posted the, "draft pool," for tonight's show on WWE.com seemed to accidentally post the names in the order they were actually going to be picked. Then, by the time everyone on Twitter had noticed after the second round of picks, it seemed they tried to mix it up a bit and make it less obvious, which is why Raw ended up looking stupid by picking Alexa and Nikki Cross separately instead of as a tag team, essentially costing themselves an extra pick.

This company, man. That's proper TNA stuff.

Also, now that it's official, in the space of approximately twelve months WWE have booked themselves into such a corner that Johnny Gargano, Daniel Bryan, Bayley and Kairi Sane have all turned heel. What an incredible state of affairs.

I did like Evil Bayley though. I don't know why they didn't do that from the moment she joined forces with Sasha.

Someone needs to think of the children though!

Edited by Supremo

That was an absolutely horrendous show. I’m actually shocked at how bad that was.

Firstly, ‘Shorty Gable’??? That poor guy. A former Olympian reduced (bad word choice) to being a walking short joke. 

Secondly, I’m not sure how popular this viewpoint is going to be, but The Fiend sucks. The idea doesn’t suck in itself, don’t get me wrong. But the execution of the character right now makes him feel like a budget version of Kane. The annoying screechy music, the tired ‘bursting through the ring’ gimmick, Rollins and the announcers acting terrified, the cheesy lighting...it’s not for me.

I liked the idea of the ‘war rooms’ in theory more than execution. Watching the Fox guys celebrate after drafting Lucha House Party of all people was just eye-rolling.

I did like Bayley’s character change though, that was well done. 

Edited by RedRooster