The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

If Jey’s able to get into Canada then I reckon they’ll pull the swerve, likely by having him under a hood to cost Sami the match then do the reveal in the post match beat down

If they do that then have Cody come out first to make the save, have the numbers go against him then KO comes out to a monster pop, clears house with Cody who helps Sami up, then we get the big reunion with Kev and Sami to send the Montreal crowd home in tears if happiness

Is it just me who found the Reigns/Sami segment underwhelming? After the Rumble segment with all the foreplay, this felt rushed to me. I know they couldn't and shouldn't do some half an hour build here but it was like 'woah, it's Sami out from the crowd with his hood up and now he's finally angry and beating up Reigns and now he's challenging him for a title match and now he's getting beat up again' all in quick succession. Maybe it's a trope or whatever but I'd have Sami at least being behind Reigns for a bit and letting the crowd process him there and then hitting him - there was no anticipation and this was the first time he's properly unapologetically thought 'fuck you' and hit him. I felt like I wanted to see the transition from the Sami we know to fired up Sami. Someone here said it was a Stone Cold level pop - I didn't feel that or see it in the crowd.

Having said that, I see that EC is 2 weeks (!) from when this Smackdown aired so they had to get the ball rolling. But still, tease the attack a bit.

They've done so well so far with the booking that it'll be interesting to see where it goes but Elimination Chamber currently feels like a given that Sami won't win which takes some of the drama out of the build to the match for me as we know it's at EC and for both titles. They're both so great and the booking's been so good that I imagine they can help make us forget that and get lost in it in the match though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Sphinx said:

Is it just me who found the Reigns/Sami segment underwhelming? After the Rumble segment with all the foreplay, this felt rushed to me. I know they couldn't and shouldn't do some half an hour build here but it was like 'woah, it's Sami out from the crowd with his hood up and now he's finally angry and beating up Reigns and now he's challenging him for a title match and now he's getting beat up again' all in quick succession. Maybe it's a trope or whatever but I'd have Sami at least being behind Reigns for a bit and letting the crowd process him there and then hitting him - there was no anticipation and this was the first time he's properly unapologetically thought 'fuck you' and hit him. I felt like I wanted to see the transition from the Sami we know to fired up Sami. Someone here said it was a Stone Cold level pop - I didn't feel that or see it in the crowd.

The last time we saw Sami, he was left laying after being beaten by The Bloodline. It would be more daft for him to stand behind Reigns mean muggin' until he turned round. We NEEDED Sami to have fire and want to take Romans head off. The fact he said that he never wanted anything from Roman, after Roman had stood running him down for being greedy, just showed that he was emotionally hurt by it all, so would be fired up, especially when Jimmy and Solo were tucking into a California Roll in their non-existent bus. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

If Jey’s able to get into Canada then I reckon they’ll pull the swerve, likely by having him under a hood to cost Sami the match then do the reveal in the post match beat down

If they do that then have Cody come out first to make the save, have the numbers go against him then KO comes out to a monster pop, clears house with Cody who helps Sami up, then we get the big reunion with Kev and Sami to send the Montreal crowd home in tears if happiness

Jay and Jimmy have both had DUI's and weren't in Montreal last time for the show. They could do the angle with the reveal not happening until the following Raw (unless in Canada) or Smackdown. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

39 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Jay and Jimmy have both had DUI's and weren't in Montreal last time for the show. They could do the angle with the reveal not happening until the following Raw (unless in Canada) or Smackdown. 

It is in Canada.   The following Smackdown is back in USA though.

A bit more of a standard issue WWE comedown with Sami and Heyman's interaction this week, I thought. Thought the crowd were a bit lukewarm on it too. And whilst I wouldn't say it outright offended me or anything, Sami's "The way you look at him...well...it's a little weird" line felt a tad out of character and awkward. 

Neck tattoo wins this week. 

I think the issue they’ve got - and it’s not necessarily a bad one - is that Sami isn’t actually feuding with Roman, so now it’s narrowed to the 1 on 1 match, they’re struggling to build the anticipation. Even in that promo, they were covering 3/4 people before ending on Roman… whereas Cody is feuding with one guy.

I’m bias, as my opinion is the natural ending to the Sami feud was never a 1 on 1 title fight with Roman, but rather the more definition-less ending of the Bloodline. So I’m pretty cool with it. If mania ends with the new tag champs (KO/Sami) raising their belts alongside Cody, as the new universal Champ, with the Bloodline completely destroyed and Roman left with nothing? For me, that IS a natural ending to the story.

But, if for you Sami/Roman WAS the natural ending you wanted, I can see why this might be a little flat.

That said, I don’t know that Sami is as over in all arenas as Bryan was during his big, fan-led rise. He has had some tepid audiences.

• Paid Members

Whilst I would say subtle for WWE standards, there is definitely still a lot of intrigue in the Jey Uso storyline with Heyman saying you see things on TV that you don't see live, implying he way Jey fist bump Sami.

This surely ends with Heyman siding with Solo after his promo earlier in the night.