The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

8 hours ago, simonworden said:

At the moment I can't see how we get to a dramatic, worthwhile tag match between Owens/Zayn Vs The USPS unless they do something to warrant Jey realigning with the Bloodline at EC. 

I'm not on board with the one title each night thing really either though which seems like a teacher trying to "make it fair". 

Fantasy booking ahead.....I'd have Sami win by DQ at EC at this stage (worthwhile to see the Montreal fans have a hissy) then have him get a non title match against Roman on night 1 which Roman wins and Sami can win a blow off later on. To even it up Cody could also take on Solo on night 1 while Owens and the Usos do something with the tag belts or work as interference for where they want to go in the other matches. None of the Bloodline stuff needs to end at Mania for me the only thing that needs to happen is Cody takes the belts.

So Roman gets himself Dqd and screws Sami and to make it up to Sami all he gets is a non title Match instead??? 

I don't understand with all the fantasy booking having people work both nights

Surely the idea of 2 nights is so you can spread everything out, why do we need to see Roman and Cody both nights

It just dilutes the whole title Match if they are in a match the night before and what if they get injured in one of those matches and totally ruin the main event for the next night.

25 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

So Roman gets himself Dqd and screws Sami and to make it up to Sami all he gets is a non title Match instead??? 

I don't understand with all the fantasy booking having people work both nights

Surely the idea of 2 nights is so you can spread everything out, why do we need to see Roman and Cody both nights

It just dilutes the whole title Match if they are in a match the night before and what if they get injured in one of those matches and totally ruin the main event for the next night.

If you explain it like that it does seem a bit silly. My point was to have Sami simply want another match with Roman and not care about the title just hurting him, hardly Roman rewarding him if it isn't up to him to grant the match. That said there are plenty of holes in this concept and like you I'm not super keen on anyone working twice if not needed. 

I knew it from last week. It's fallen flat.

What made Sami loveable isn't what he's doing now. It was the mannerisms, it was the silly handshakes, it was the tentativeness. I know he needed some revenge and fire and he's hardly gonna piss around with handshakes after him and his mate got battered but the past two weeks he's not retained any of the aura. Foley was an underdog, could get himself over as a threat, sell the story, but still retain a loveable charm. The charm's gone since Rumble.

Sami and Jey looking round to make sure they're not caught talking to each other whilst a camera's in their grill is one thing. It's stupid but maybe it happens so much that you suspend your disbelief and it's just how they tell their stories.

Heyman saying Reigns will have seen it on live TV makes you then think about how he'd have seen it on live TV and reminds you that there was a camera right in their face. Really wouldn't have taken much to film them covertly.

That Escobar is awful.

4 minutes ago, Sphinx said:
I knew it from last week. It's fallen flat.

What made Sami loveable isn't what he's doing now. It was the mannerisms, it was the silly handshakes, it was the tentativeness. I know he needed some revenge and fire and he's hardly gonna piss around with handshakes after him and his mate got battered but the past two weeks he's not retained any of the aura. Foley was an underdog, could get himself over as a threat, sell the story, but still retain a loveable charm. The charm's gone since Rumble.

Sami and Jey looking round to make sure they're not caught talking to each other whilst a camera's in their grill is one thing. It's stupid but maybe it happens so much that you suspend your disbelief and it's just how they tell their stories.

Heyman saying Reigns will have seen it on live TV makes you then think about how he'd have seen it on live TV and reminds you that there was a camera right in their face. Really wouldn't have taken much to film them covertly.

To say you knew it from last week is odd. What was wrong from last week exactly?

What aura are you expecting him to have right now? You've already established that he's had the shit kicked out of him and he's out for revenge.

I honestly find it so weird that some people are giving up on him at this point.

9 minutes ago, FUM said:

Such a bad take that I can only assume it was a typo.

I've seen Escobar in two matches - the Rumble and that four way. As a WWE wrestler, he's not good. He lacks urgency, his strikes are naff, he goes through the motions. I remember him ending up having awkward sequences at the Rumble because of it. I don't know if his promos are any good as I've not seen them and I've not seen any character other than that he's Mexican.

9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

To say you knew it from last week is odd. What was wrong from last week exactly?

What aura are you expecting him to have right now? You've already established that he's had the shit kicked out of him and he's out for revenge.

I honestly find it so weird that some people are giving up on him at this point.

I posted last week too so my thoughts are there.

The aura I'd want is some semblance of who he was before. He's turned into some hardnut on a mission when that wasn't who he was or what made him loveable. Things like pulling Heyman in and saying down his ear that it's not Cody Reigns needs to worry about, it's him. The 'looking at him weirdly line'.

Sami's in Montreal at EC which could be great but the result seems a foregone conclusion. It'll surely have all sorts of shenanigans going on to further the story and to be a vehicle for going into Mania which you'd think would make it good fun. I hope not but I still feel that it may have peaked at Rumble and that the story and characters won't grip me as much from that point onwards. I'll be back here to let you know how the egg on my face tastes if I'm wrong, and will be glad that I've got more out of it.

9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

30 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It’s not that weird, Sami got over by not being the aggressor. He was the funny dude who had a heart of gold that just wanted people to like him. He was cheeky and endearing. It makes sense if people aren’t quite as drawn to him now he’s the disguise wearing, spear giving, “eurgh, gay” joking, WWE-stock firey babyface.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Sphinx said:

I've seen Escobar in two matches - the Rumble and that four way. As a WWE wrestler, he's not good. He lacks urgency, his strikes are naff, he goes through the motions. I remember him ending up having awkward sequences at the Rumble because of it. I don't know if his promos are any good as I've not seen them and I've not seen any character other than that he's Mexican.

Thats like saying a film is shit because you saw the trailer and decided that was enough to form an opinion. Awful take.

10 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It’s not that weird, Sami got over by not being the aggressor. He was the funny dude who had a heart of gold that just wanted people to like him. He was cheeky and endearing. It makes sense if people aren’t quite as drawn to him now he’s the disguise wearing, spear giving, “eurgh, gay” joking, WWE-stock firey babyface.

We've also had the Cody/Hayman promo since then. The shine is gone. I think Sami already knows the angle is pretty dead now its all about Cody/Roman at Mania. Its a real shame for him, he deserved better.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I don't think people are giving up on Sami but I do think the way they cleverly executed the angle at Royal Rumble has softened the need for him to win the Title from Roman.

For the longest time - because it's the only way they normally do this type of angle - everyone was waiting for the Bloodline to turn on Sami, and for Sami to then come back and take the belt at Wrestlemania as revenge. It's all we know because it's all they ever do. Heat on heat on heat. However, once it was Sami turning on them, that was half the catharsis right there. He wasn't the typical WWE babyface, waiting around like a moron for someone to wallop his head off. He was one step ahead of the game, he realised where things were heading, so he grew a set of balls and stood up for himself. Good for you, my dawg. Belter. Whatever happens at Elimination Chamber and beyond is a victory lap at this point.

I'll still be willing Sami to victory on Saturday, and will likely wish death upon Jey Uso when he inevitably costs my boy his big moment, but yeah. I'll gladly slag Hunter off as much as anyone, but with this Sami/Cody/Roman thing? I'm impressed with how he's juggled it thus far. Trips hasn't stumbled across something, nor has he screwed it up. He's told two great stories that are on route to weaving together in a far more satisfying manner than I ever imagined. Still expecting Sami to wear a backwards cap and come out to Motororhead next week, though.

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Thats like saying a film is shit because you saw the trailer and decided that was enough to form an opinion. Awful take.

I think it's probably more like four or five matches I've seen him in now come to think of it but he didn't grab me in any of them. Having said that, I had a look on YouTube and I hold my hands up - I'm talking some bollocks here. He clearly can be fluid and have decent strikes, just it's seemed like he's off when I've seen him. It's probably not helped the opponents he's been against either.

Escobar is great, he's everything Andrade wishes he was.  He runs the bingo.  I love the little whistle thing he does as well.  I think he had an off night at the Rumble, and I reckon most luchadores do, their style is based around movement and the Rumble is as static as it gets.

• Paid Members

Haha I was about to say he runs the bingo too. Escobar is bloody brilliant. Had me giving a shit about the cruiserweight title in NXT, even made me care about the rest of Hit Row for a bit there, not just the good one. And the jacket game. Oh my the jacket game. 

Santos Escobar on who he wants to wrestle on the main roster, says Legado  Del Fantasma is ready to move to WWE Raw/SmackDown - Wrestling News | WWE  and AEW Results, Spoilers,

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Fucking hell.

I know there’s a plan. I’ve accepted where things are going. It all makes sense.

But fucking hell. Maybe you just do it.

I don't care who you are and what you think.......

That reaction just then was something that WWE have not had for years and years......they have created a storyline which took growth and flight probably way beyond its means and what they ever intended it too become.......in this situation you do not fight against it, fucking go with it and give the fans both in that arena tomorrow night and fucking worldwide what they are dying to have....... 

I can't believe this has happened too sami Zane after only last year being on the card at wrestlemania against Jonny Knoxville in a fucking comedy match to this, a reaction and the entire world caring about him and wanting THAT SAME MAN to dethrone the world champion.

This doesn't happen often especially in the wwe, it's generally so moving