The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Has it been confirmed Roman is taking a break or just assumed? I don't see this ending at Mania now. Infact just because he loses the title at Mania doesn't stop Roman being the maniacal c-word he is becoming. Get the rematch with Cody done, have Sami try get his win and as said I think the culmination should be Hey once again standing up to Roman. I'd then consider Sikoa turning on Roman to send him packing for a bit. There's a decent arc there to Summer slam or later which would be more interesting that the typical thrown together rubbish they usually present post mania. Kane or Bray Wyatt for Cody anyone?

30 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Where has this thing of the belts being split up come from? Because it’s lead to some horrendous fantasy booking in some places.

It's been thrown around for quite a while. Mostly due to Roman not working a huge amount and therefore there being a lack of top title defences across both brands. I can see why some people would want them split again.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Where has this thing of the belts being split up come from? Because it’s lead to some horrendous fantasy booking in some places.

You didn't need the "In some places" at the end of that sentence. All fantasy booking is dreadful. 

57 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Some of the supposed Internet dirtsheets with their inside sources. Especially when Vince came back. Going into TV negotiations two champions were needed again. They pointed to the Usos defending the tag titles individually as the sign that the WWE/Universal titles are next.

Now it's more fan fantasy booking to double dip with Sami and Cody getting wins at WM.

• Paid Members

I've just been working on the assumption that the belts will be split at some point, because they're still represented by two belts, rather than having been officially unified. 

That the tag titles are being treated as individual sets of titles, rather than a unified championship, suggests that they likely see the top belts the same way too.

I would much rather see a single title across both brands - I loved the early days of the brand split, where the Undisputed Champion could be having a PPV-level feud on one show while working more interesting stories on the other, like the Undertaker/Jeff Hardy ladder match - I just don't see them keeping things that way for long once the unified titles are off Roman.

I keep up to date with the results and watch the big PPVs and obviously come on here A LOT! From what I have read on here it seems like Sami Zayn toppling Roman is the logical step. However when I’ve seen polls on social media for people to vote who they want as their next champ - Roman, Sami or Cody, Cody is getting by and far the most votes. Sami was even behind Roman. 
So in terms of what the majority of casual fans want, it seems to be Cody. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, boshealecta said:

I keep up to date with the results and watch the big PPVs and obviously come on here A LOT! From what I have read on here it seems like Sami Zayn toppling Roman is the logical step. However when I’ve seen polls on social media for people to vote who they want as their next champ - Roman, Sami or Cody, Cody is getting by and far the most votes. Sami was even behind Roman. 
So in terms of what the majority of casual fans want, it seems to be Cody. 

Of course WWE would never manipulate those polls to suit their booking plans. 

• Paid Members

Honestly, I think my dream scenario at this point is them announcing the belts are splitting, with Sami going for one and Cody going for the other, to make it more believable that Sami can win in Montreal. And then I’d still do the Jey Uso run-in to cost him the match. More drama. Another twist. Let’s keep this going forever.