The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Fucks sake. I was pretty much ready to be emotionally broken by the PPV tomorrow night. I wasn't ready for all that on Smackdown. But that almost made it more emotional.

I'm just so fucking happy for the guy. He was basically a returning HHH or Hogan for a night. Jeez.

And damn right Roman is going down.

I think that segment is replacing Punk's return as my feel good rewatch clip. What a thing of beauty.

• Paid Members
On 2/14/2023 at 10:07 AM, Nick James said:

I love Sami, absolutely love him, BUT Cody is the star. It's Cody, it has to be. He is every bit the star they have been looking for. The way he talks, the way he moves, the entrance with the fans singing along to the theme, everything. I would love Sami to raise the title from Roman, but Cody is 100% the logical choice for me now and if you had told me that prior to the Rumble, I would have told you to get to fuck. The way they have navigated this, is brilliant and all due respect to HHH, if this was Vince, Sami would be dead and buried and the fans would have revolted against Cody.  

image.png.4b40b7b4296ad76714d624ecece91935.png

The issue they’re going to have is, if people are like me, they’re going to have the WWE universe clamouring for Sami vs Cody.

What a wonderful situation to find themselves in.

I do worry though that Sami getting his flowers on Smackdown means he’s going to get the shaft tonight.

I'm 99.9% sure Sami is losing. Its never been about thinking he will win, just that I think it would be an amazing end to all of this if he did win.

Plus that 0.01% doubt is enough to lose myself completely in it. That someone somewhere has seen what's been going on with him. That somehow they've been convinced.

And yeah maybe they end up on the tag route instead and I'll be a little disappointed. But it'll still be fantastic I'm sure.

This is the same guy who I watched for years behind a mask. Imagine telling that to anyone who only knew him as Sami Zayn. It's bonkers. Yet that's the kinda guy he is. He was always able to get the crowd behind him even with a mask on. And now his full potential has been unlocked. I know someone mentioned the Knoxville match a few posts back and you know what? That was a MOTY candidate. Zayn's range is masterful and he deserved every single second last night on Smackdown. There have been a large number of misfires in his booking over the years on the main roster but there have always been signs of the brilliance. They just needed to find the right way to nurture it. Thank fuck they finally did.

I've always felt he's at least tried to make the most of whatever role he has. Even if he's had to take a back seat sometimes. But you look at pure baby face Sami from NXT and you realise why people loved him. Flip that on its head and make him into an annoying conspiracy theory guy and everyone loves to hate him. He's a pure entertainer through and through and it's that ability to tap into something with the audience that he's carried with him no matter where he was or what he did. And this feels like such a well deserved culmination of everything he's put into this industry for so long.

I'm genuinely grateful for the consistent amount of incredible moments this storyline has given us. The run of shows that I've wanted to watch week on week because I needed to know what happened next. The twists and turns and surprises. The smiles. The laughs. The drama. All of it.

At 40 years old and a wrestling fan for 30+ years, to still have something to watch like this that reminds me why it can be the best thing in the world? It's just fucking brilliant isn't it. I couldn't ask for more.

Well, apart from a Sami win. Ole ole ole ole..

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

Fucking hell.

I know there’s a plan. I’ve accepted where things are going. It all makes sense.

But fucking hell. Maybe you just do it.

If they do, they’ll create a moment that’ll be spoken about for years to come. It’ll be an all-time great title win. It certainly changes the dynamic of WrestleMania, but fuck it, a triple threat with Cody and an unhinged, desperate Roman Reigns would make for compelling television.

I’ve watched and rewatched Sami’s segment so many times this morning and just writing about it gives my goosebumps. This is my most anticipated wrestling match for years.

I think by giving Sami his big entrance and moment on Smackdown telegraphs we’re getting a surprise KO music hit and entrance during the main event in some capacity.

They’ve done an incredible job with their booking to have a B-show so hot. It makes me smile thinking of a bitter Vince, curled up by the fire with a protein shake and a fleshlight, telling the moon about how this whole thing is actually crap because you don’t want Elimination Chamber this hot, as it detracts from Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
On 8/27/2022 at 3:08 AM, Supremo said:

Anyway, the biggest thing coming out of this show is my realisation that they might actually reward Sami Zayn for being the best and most entertaining performer in the whole company. It hit me in the middle of his brilliant backstage segment with Roman. Three months ago, the most you could do is enjoy how great he is, despite knowing deep down that he, like everyone else, existed in stasis, as a one-note character going nowhere. Now though? Where things actually happen? Stories actually evolve? Characters have an actual arc? Holy shit. There is a genuine Wrestlemania main event match to be had with Sami eventually turning babyface, realising he’s being manipulated by the Bloodline and facing Roman for the Title. It already feels like it’s simmering. There’s some real sympathy to be had watching him try and fit in. That handshake with the Usos had me howling!

But yeah. Balls to The Rock. Sami’s the guy. I get positively giddy imagining all the NXT guys deciding to turn him into the top babyface he always had the potential to be.

Campaign starts now. Zayn 2023.

I went back and found the first time I realised this could be something special. August. Funny looking back. Even visualising a dream scenario, I couldn't have imagined it would click this much.

I've watched it back tonnes already this morning. It's on par with CM Punk returning. The sheer delight of everything. Grown men jumping for joy when the old music hits. Bonus points for the way Sami is so overcome with emotion that he nearly falls off the ropes. Shades of when Moxley lost his mind when they got crowds back.

I don't know how Hunter slept last night. What a decision he has on his hands right now. The temptation to just do it would be too much for me. He'd be raising those fucking belts. Fuck THE PLAN.

How many people in Montreal play the trumpet? Bring every last one of them in for his entrance.

Edited by Supremo

Oh, In amidst all the roses there was some turds last night.

What’s going on with Bray Wyatt? They have no idea do they? 

I want Brock/Gunther, but I have to admit there’s a part of me that would enjoy six weeks of Brock pissing himself laughing and not taking any of this nonsense seriously.

Triple threat match at Wrestlemania would work, it really would.  It'd have every fan salivating.  Sami as the champ, Cody as the Rumble winner, Roman exercising a rematch clause.  Thing is, this being WWE and this being wrestling, someone has to turn heel between Sami and Cody.  I tell you what though, they way they've been handling all this, whatever they do I suspect will be great.

Has there ever been a time like this in WWE post- the first roster split?

Like, it’s so hot right now, the pendulum swings from Mondays to Fridays.

Monday: “Good grief, Cody’s on fire. He’s the guy… he’s the fucking guy.”

Friday: “WOAH OH OH… PUT THE BELTS ON SAMI…”

It’s an incredible situation, especially considering the two guys in those babyface spots. El Generico and Stardust are the new Rock and Austin…

…yes, it’s hyperbole, leave me alone.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz