The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I was just kind of chuckling at Bray’s nonsense week to week, but for some reason that segment tipped me over the edge last night. He is just so transparently, blatantly wasting everyone’s time with this utter drivel. It’s like a parody of a film student’s wankiest short film, except he has a new one every week and it’s somehow on national television. Please go away. 

Stellar performance from Jimmy in the  closing segment. Dominik remains a fantastic little prick. Charlotte so horribly miscast as a babyface. Really awkward that Rhea is a heel but they keep referencing the extremely babyface story of her falling short against Charlotte last time partly due to injury. Tegan Nox is there. Guys look, there she is. 

Did not need a multiple segment LA Knight vs Kofi thing. 

Not the best Smackers on the whole. 

• Paid Members

So annoyed with Bray Wyatt clogging up this show with this utter shite every week that I'm going to go back to the Extreme Rules thread and find every cunt that said they were they were happy to see him back. The blood is on your hands!

Wyatt's character is like the magnum opus create-a-wrestler of that guy you let sleep on your couch for a week after the party ended, on your PS2, because he'd pass you roach ends in exchange for food. 

"No, wait till you see what I've done, this is fucking amazing!" 

• Paid Members

Yep, would like to go on record and say Wyatt is a hack. I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and see where it leads, but it's shite, it's filler and there is absolutely nothing about it. 6 month down the line and we have had 1 match and two different fellas, one in a shitey wooden mask and one in a shitey rubber mask.

On the other end of the scale, Jimmy knocked it out of the park this week and is a far cry from the happy Jimmy doing the daft handshakes with Sami. Interesting to note that Heyman sat over Solo's shoulder and then said he would stay in the back with him. Probably nothing, but there's been quite a lot of foreshadowing throughout this storyline and if Heyman moves on with Solo, that would be a cracking idea. Solo doesn't need to speak and outside of getting Armando Elejandro Estrada back, Heyman is the way forward. 

EDIT: Forgot about Ronda 'empty head' Rousey. Fuck me what an waste of space she is.

Edited by Nick James

I'd be all over a gimmick trilogy. Dom beats Rey, do a rematch with Rhea above the ring in a cage she somehow terminators out of, a ladder match with some insane Mysterio family inheritance on the line at SummerSlam to mirror the Eddie/Rey battle from 2005.

Hopefully they avoid that awful WWE heel trope of "he's developed a mean streak in recent weeks!" and turn him super serious as it'll expose him all over again. The current skits with him and Rhea are like something lifted directly out of Trailer Park Boys. It's brilliant. He's their J-Roc. 

• Paid Members

Strongly expecting Rey and Dom to be Mask Vs Hair. One of the longer tropes has been Rey not passing the mask onto Dom until he took it at the Rumble. 

Have Dom say he wants his legacy, then when he gets his mullet shaved off cry like Eddie and Art in Mexico when Damian and Finn shave his head for him.

Whatever the Bloodline is to long-term wrestling storytelling, the Wyatt stuff is the complete opposite. Although I’m sure Wyatt himself thinks it’s of a similar standard. 

Even if you enjoy the shite supernatural stuff, I’ve no idea what you could get out of this. None of it makes any sense whatsoever, and it feels like they’ve either changed plan on the fly, or didn’t have one to begin with.

On the whole, the show was OK, but I’m curious to see how well they manage to produce to nights of wrestling that ‘feel’ like Wrestlemania. There’s definitely scope for a phenomenal one-night card if they were to be disciplined about show length, but this year I’m not convinced that they have the star power to pull two ‘Mania-worthy cards together. We’ll see, I suppose.

I think I’ve been one of the bigger fans on this board of the Triple H-era of WWE, so at the very least, he’s earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

On the whole, the show was OK, but I’m curious to see how well they manage to produce to nights of wrestling that ‘feel’ like Wrestlemania. There’s definitely scope for a phenomenal one-night card if they were to be disciplined about show length, but this year I’m not convinced that they have the star power to pull two ‘Mania-worthy cards together. We’ll see, I suppose.

I think I’ve been one of the bigger fans on this board of the Triple H-era of WWE, so at the very least, he’s earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

Mania has always had filler though. Even on when it was one night. We all know how they love to get everyone on the card for that pay day.

As long as each night has something decent that the crowds are into then it'll be fine I'm sure.

4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Mania has always had filler though. Even on when it was one night. We all know how they love to get everyone on the card for that pay day.

As long as each night has something decent that the crowds are into then it'll be fine I'm sure.

Oh absolutely, it just feels particularly think this year. I’ve no doubt that both nights will be excellent, though.