The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

On 3/11/2023 at 9:59 AM, FUM said:

Oh fine then Trips, just give me Cody and Sami v Usos night one and Cody v Roman night two…

There's still 3 more weeks and 6 more shows for KO to come to his senses and stand by Sami but with recent years having the unannounced Taker/Cena match and Austin/Owens taking place I wonder if they'll have Cody say he will also be Sami's partner and then on the night after Sami enters have Owen's music hit for the pop. 

• Paid Members

Jey turning on Sami could end up being the best part of this entire saga.

It's the way he's turned and how it's been framed. He's still not 100% gone - he's still slightly conflicted about it and his explanation has been was because it was for his brother, so it's been done in such a way where audiences can understand it. He's a villain with a point. But the turn was about his brother, not Reigns or the Bloodline, and that's why this story is the best one in wrestling since McMahon vs Austin. Bits keep being developed that lead down so many potential avenues. It's still possible the Usos turn on Reigns at Wrestlemania yet still fight as heels against Zayn and Owens on night 1. Because it's not about Zayn or Cody to Jey - it's about Roman and their past.

As a sidenote, it could be the first time they will have probably used the concept of a two night Wrestlemania, too, and that could lead to other interesting stuff in the future.

• Paid Members

That brawl was the best thing Charlotte has done in about four years. Fair play. They've still lost their damn minds if they main event with Charlotte and Rhea though. Recipe for disaster.

Jailhouse Dom continues to deliver. I hate that someone suggested him gate-crashing the Hall of Fame ceremony as the final straw that gets Rey to finally accept the match because it’s such an amazing idea that I’m going to be so disappointed when it doesn’t happen.

Anyway, let’s get to what matters. I’ve been nowhere near as high on the Bloodline storyline since Elimination Chamber. Once Sami lost, it felt like the magic was gone. It was just another pro-wrestling storyline. Then Kevin Owens gave Sami that hug and I punched the air. Fuck yes. What a pop! I fucking love it. I’m officially back in. We’re cooking once again!

Even in a year of all-timer segments filled with unforgettable little touches, that may have been Sami's best performance yet. On my thirty-seventh re-watch, I noticed the way Sami subtly backs off as Kevin walks towards him, still unsure of whether he's going to attack him or not. Spectacular. What a man. The MVP of this entire company.

And then cutting to Cody, smiling as he watches it unfold on the TV, was also pitch perfect in its Codyverse absurdity. God bless that ridiculous, preposterous man. As if he couldn’t be more of a meme! It was literally this!

30E2DA30-1098-4DFE-8FA2-F3DB4E2AE951.png.e00b2c7db10ef92bc61e672a788f99ed.png

Edited by Supremo

That crowd reaction for a fucking hug genuinely does say so much about how great this storyline has been, I do think that the constant lack of Roman reigns in this final push before mania has been missed and a clear indication that this is the end of the title reign of the tribal chief.

Reading on Twitter apparently it's rumored that the main event of night 1 of mania will be the women's title match which usually i would say absolutely right the winner of both rumble matches should indeed main event a night each of mania if they insist on doing the 2 night bollocks, HOWEVER Charlotte has been completely inactive for most the year and with all the respect in the world that tag match has eclipsed anything else and choosing not to put that last would be terrible overall 

5 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

That crowd reaction for a fucking hug genuinely does say so much about how great this storyline has been, I do think that the constant lack of Roman reigns in this final push before mania has been missed and a clear indication that this is the end of the title reign of the tribal chief.

Reading on Twitter apparently it's rumored that the main event of night 1 of mania will be the women's title match which usually i would say absolutely right the winner of both rumble matches should indeed main event a night each of mania if they insist on doing the 2 night bollocks, HOWEVER Charlotte has been completely inactive for most the year and with all the respect in the world that tag match has eclipsed anything else and choosing not to put that last would be terrible overall 

‘2 night bollocks’? Do you not remember the utter trudge Wrestlemania became before they moved to 2 nights.

7 hours or more. SEVEN HOURS.

Two nights is perfect.

I agree that Roman’s had their pants down a bit with his schedule - he should be there more on the Wrestlemania home stretch. Cody should win for nothing more than he’s kept the whole thing afloat almost single handedly.

I like that he’s played a part in getting Sami and KO back together, and I really want night 2 to end with them holding all the gold.

I'm so good with two nights now. It always feels like a weekend of wrestling regardless. It's fun discussing one night with another coming up. And if you want to stay up late with whatever your poison is or just watch the first half with your lie in on a Sunday morning you can. It's ideal. 

I said on here for years that 2 nights had to happen as they could make twice the money and nothing should get rushed. Have only read good things since it happened  

• Paid Members

I think not having Roman there as much is what has made this work. The title match is about all the moving parts, not just Cody vs Roman. 
Cody vs Heyman, Sami and Kevin, Sami and Cody, the Usos. They’ve all had chance to shine and create the best WWE storyline in decades.

If you accept that one way or another they’re going to make 6-7hrs of entertainment, two nights is definitely the best way to deal with that. I will say, though, that this year seems to be the first time I actually think they’ve earned two nights, rather than just putting stuff on because the time is there. Case in point: how many people actually remember that Kevin and Sami have had a WrestleMania match against each other?

Anyway. Lacking any superlatives to explain how great this Bloodline angle has been. It’s worlds apart from “just chuck Reigns and Lesnar in there again” from previous years.