The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, OzExile said:

I wouldn't hate it if KO turned on Sami at Mania, and begrudgingly joins the Bloodline because he's sick of them. Keep the story rolling for the eventual Sami pay off when he dismantles them. Though that largely leans on Roman retaining and sticking around. 

I've been here nearly two decades and that's one of the worst fantasy booking ideas I've read on here. Well done.

1 hour ago, OzExile said:

I wouldn't hate it if KO turned on Sami at Mania, and begrudgingly joins the Bloodline because he's sick of them. Keep the story rolling for the eventual Sami pay off when he dismantles them. Though that largely leans on Roman retaining and sticking around. 

You’ve been watching too much Lost. Give it a bye.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

All fantasy booking is absolutely shit, but some are more absolutely shit than others.

I’m not saying I’m not guilty of having fantasy booked in the past, I am, but the worst part of fantasy booking is that it’s often rooted in people’s desire not to see something predictable happen. So they end up tying themselves in knots to show a different option is possible.

9 times out of 10 in wrestling, delivering the predictable thing well is absolutely the best thing to do.

Anyone else really liking LA Knight? 

I loved his Impact Wrestling days. I love how Wade Barrett talks him up. He seems to be in the top job spot but he definitely does deserve a spot somewhere. You don't get to hear it on TV as it's edited out but the audience do react well to him by doing the "Yeeeahhh" like when he does his promos. 

4 hours ago, ScottishSiren said:

I loved his Impact Wrestling days. I love how Wade Barrett talks him up. He seems to be in the top job spot but he definitely does deserve a spot somewhere. You don't get to hear it on TV as it's edited out but the audience do react well to him by doing the "Yeeeahhh" like when he does his promos. 

Going to need to see some receipts for the claim they’re editing live TV to harm LA Knight.

47 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Going to need to see some receipts for the claim they’re editing live TV to harm LA Knight.

Was going to ask the same. Why would they actively edit out a chant getting behind a guy they clearly like as they’re giving him plenty of TV time?

5 hours ago, ScottishSiren said:

I like LA Knight the same way I liked Kennedy in 06/07.

Solid in ring, solid promo, solid catchphrase.

Only difference between now and then is I thought Kennedy was going to be the next big star when he was always going to be solid upper mid card heel. Same goes for Knight but Knight has about 10 years on 06/07 Kennedy.

Edited by Fanny Pack
Cant spell

13 hours ago, ScottishSiren said:

You hear them chant along with him on TV plenty, I'm not sure where you're getting this idea from. 

That said, I think I'm probably an outlier here judging by the posts above, but I enjoy LA Knight. I liked him back in the NWA days, I like him now. He's a lot of fun. 

I am a big fan of LA Knight, sentiment clearly shared by the audiences, and I suspect WWE management as well.  I don't see his age as being an issue, older wrestlers have got pushes before.  I don't see channelling what worked for some of the biggest stars in the industry is a negative, just as Ric Flair channeling Buddy Rogers or Hogan channeling Billy Graham was an issue.   I suspect he'll get pushed up the card following WM.

Also, even the most positive WWE fan on here must surely at least consider the possibility that one of Owens, Zayn or Rhodes is getting turned heel after Mania (or even AT Mania)?  They're the top acts in the company along with Reigns, simple maths of faces v heels makes this a possibility, especially if Reigns gets some time off after WM.

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

I am a big fan of LA Knight, sentiment clearly shared by the audiences, and I suspect WWE management as well.  I don't see his age as being an issue, older wrestlers have got pushes before.  I don't see channelling what worked for some of the biggest stars in the industry is a negative, just as Ric Flair channeling Buddy Rogers or Hogan channeling Billy Graham was an issue.   I suspect he'll get pushed up the card following WM.

Also, even the most positive WWE fan on here must surely at least consider the possibility that one of Owens, Zayn or Rhodes is getting turned heel after Mania (or even AT Mania)?  They're the top acts in the company along with Reigns, simple maths of faces v heels makes this a possibility, especially if Reigns gets some time off after WM.

It's **almost** a shame how much Cody has caught fire as a baby, as there's a very natural heel transition.

If Mania ends with him, titles aloft, stood next to Sami and KO and then Backlash is a Six Man Tag where - again - he has to share the spotlight with Sami/KO, I can see an easy transition to heel via 'I waited a lifetime for this moment and I have to share it with you' type turn.

They could even split the titles by having him have to face Sami for a title and then later KO for another title; he keeps one for Raw and they take one to Smackdown.

I'm fantasy booking. I'm sorry. Live with it.

I imagine KO is the one to turn on Sami yet again, he doesn’t need him or the tag titles, it was only about bringing down The Bloodline.

I can also see people getting sick of Cody’s cartoon superhero and forcing him heel after a few months once the initial buzz has worn off.