The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

I think Rollins would be the natural first challenger for Cody.

Follow that up with a Roman rematch in Saudi, heel Randy, heel Drew, Gunther, Brock, that lot should keep him going for the next year and end with him facing Cena at next years Mania.

Edited by The King of Old School

I'm not sure about a Rollins match. He'd probably be last on the list of those guys you could feasibly name for me.

I'm not completely against the guy - and interwoven storylines this good with a strong babyface champion this promising should be able to elevate most contenders - but his current Jared Leto plays Liberache character has made a bit too much of a joke out of him for me. Great for cackling like a maniac at Cody's initial return, great for getting egg on his face in a Logan Paul match, but having him as the first contender for the title I'm not too sure about. 

There's something about Rollins that's symbolised WWE's smug, hermit "We don't need to try too much because we monopolised the industry" booking over the last half decade or so. He's not as bad as Wyatt but he's become to me one of those total lynchpin "It's Extreme Rules month, we have fuck all else going on. He'll never be the guy, but give him a title match. He's a good lad". 

He always seems to carry significantly less real heat, real feeling than the absolute madness we've gotten used to over the last few months. Orton going back to his evil snake man stuff against Cody would be far more credible to me if you wanna do a real typical WWE first defence. 

Think the problem with Orton straight away is that because he has been gone for so long, I think the crowd will naturally cheer him over Cody at this point when he drops him with an RKO.

Shame Riddle isn't still about as a heel turn on him first followed by a couple of wins over him would set him up better for Cody I think a few months after he returns.

• Paid Members

The pop and sense of catharsis Rey Mysterio generated by chinning his son will live with me for months. Like Mankind winning the World Title. Fucking Dominik Mysterio is going to be in the running for heel of the year at this rate. A great, great bit of business.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

WrestleMania has just been very well booked, hasn’t it?

Some of the reactions we’ve had over the past couple of months have been incredible.

It'll be the culmination of HHH's first year of booking.  Hopefully he'll get the plaudits he deserves!

I'm a big fan of Charlotte and am quite happy with them booking her like the Triple H reign of terror, but taking umbrage with the what chants when your promo is fairly blasting through the bullet points isn't the cleverest move. I think there's a much better promo in her than what we usually get. 

Other than that, Friday night delight as usual!

• Paid Members

Excellent Smackers. What a joy to watch from start to finish. 

Having been binging on some older Raw/SD episodes of late, something that jumped out at me here was the excellent quality of the in-ring content. Butch/Gunther was terrific - they crammed a lot into a short space of time against the backdrop of a different feud, but put on a such great display. Run that back on PPV later this year please and thank you. 

Rey finally twatting Dom was pure poetry. Months of build up and frustration coming to a head and spawning a wonderful release of emotion. Dom sold it beautifully as well like he’d unleashed the wrath of the Lucha Gods and they’d all just rained down on him. For all the credit Dom is getting though, Rey has been excellent throughout all of this and can clearly still hang between the ropes too. What an Indian summer he’s having. Depending on what happens with the Hall of Fame (I.e is it an actual induction or something that will be more of an angle on the night), he absolutely deserves to go in. 

Also, this is the first time since 2000 where titles other than the main World title/titles actually mean something. The IC title match feels like a massive deal. The Undisputed tag title match actually feels like a Wrestlemania main event in waiting. 

This is HHH booking from September, finding his feet in the new role and against the backdrop of lots of other stuff behind the scenes. Imagine what he’ll conjure up in a full Wrestlemania-to-Wrestlemania cycle with the shackles totally off. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

30 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

This is HHH booking from September, finding his feet in the new role and against the backdrop of lots of other stuff behind the scenes. Imagine what he’ll conjure up in a full Wrestlemania-to-Wrestlemania cycle with the shackles totally off. 

This is, of course, if circumstances don’t change again, and Triple H remains Head Of Creative.