The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Decent Smackers to whet the appetite without anything groundbreaking happening. LA Knight hopefully still has some sort of part to play in the main show - crowd was all over him. 

You can some up the majority of Americans by pointing out their poor choices and tastes of things in general.

2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Decent Smackers to whet the appetite without anything groundbreaking happening. LA Knight hopefully still has some sort of part to play in the main show - crowd was all over him. 

Aye, felt like a glorified countdown show, but that's pretty much exactly what I wanted from it this weekend.

That pop for the Latino World Order t-shirt reveal! They probably made more money off them at the merch stand last night than WCW ever did in their history. 

• Paid Members

So, is this going to be a farewell speech? Or a case of being a 'I booked Raw all by myself, it was me, I swear it was, Vince wasn't even there'.

I did have to chuckle that Fire Vince and variations of such have been trending on Twitter all week and its all been about the creative, not actually that hes a full blown monster. 

• Paid Members

Tonight could be the ‘proper’ Raw after Wrestlemania - Vince apparently won’t be backstage and it’s back to being the Papa H show.

Cracking line up tonight - Sami goes one on one with Jay, Brawling Brutes vs Imperium, and a first outing for the LWO as Rey/Santos face Dom/Priest. That’s all after Hunter does his big speech. Lovely stuff. 

• Paid Members

👍 All the Bloodline-related brilliance. The backstage bits leading up to the main event set the tone beautifully: Heyman’s such a great shithouse and stirred the pot to perfection in that first backstage interview. Solo staring a hole through his own brother was just cold as fuck. Sami still having the feels towards Jey is most heartwarming. Solo attacking KO trying to shatter his ankle was just badass - they teased a stretcher job heading into the show but I actually think the subtlety of this made it much more effective. Then there’s the main event itself - Great action between Zayn/Jey, Jey winning via nefarious mean is fine and he needed a bounce back after the Wrestlemania loss, and if you're going to nickname somebody 'main event' it makes sense for them to actually win when they're the main event once in a while. The tease of dissension between Solo and Jey at the end worked fantastically - Solo looks like an absolute killer and lives up to the proud Somoan tradition of battering people with his impenetrable forehead, before Jey teases us all AGAIN by blocking the spike, only to then kick Sami in the beak and break our hearts, the bastard. I think Riddle is shit, but then I’d forgotten that Solo originally took him out, so while his inclusion in this whole deal is annoying, it does make sense. It also gives Solo a singles feud to focus on and hopefully at some point we’ll get him beating the living piss out of Riddle as well. Good shit all round. 

👍 Imperium/Brawling Brutes - Absolutely bloody wonderful. Sheamus being so popular warms my cockles - love the bloke. All six men did their bit here and even the least experienced chap, Ridge, had some great babyface energy and you can see how much he’s improved under Sheamus’ guidance. Butch going full Bruiserweight with the finger breaking and joint manipulation as well which even made Gunther wince? Woof. Top opener. In addition, Imperium’s royal blue gear is making me ask myself some akward questions about my sexual preferences. 

👍 Rick O’Shea/Ivar - Great, and if anything I would like to have seen them go longer because there's some real chemistry there. 

👍 Judgement Day/LWO - Decent. Have seen some moans about LWO losing in their first ‘proper’ outing, but there’s lots left to develop between now and Backlash and this was still a good showcase for all involved. Enjoyed the JD's ramblings in their promo beforehand as well. 

👎 The Draft. Sorry but I’ve got absolutely no time for this. It reduces the overall quality of both of shows as a result, and after a few weeks it all goes out of the window anyway. It’s a plot device they’ve used now for 22 years and it's starting to show its age. We’re past the point where it can work now, even with proper booking and total separation between the two rosters. With Raw being three hours and Smackers being two, it already causes an odd divide. This got the lukewarm pop it deserved. Total bollocks. Straight in the bin. 

👎 RR/Morgan vs Shotzi/Natalya - Crap. RR is a big star in the making and I think she's got an excellent future. Morgan is passable, but extremely annoying. Natalya is passable but has what I call the 'Dolph Ziggler syndrome' of having just been around forever doing absolutely nothing of note. Shotzi is absolutely terrible and hasn’t improved at all since being on the main roster. Crap all round. The women’s tag title match on Monday doesn’t fill me with confidence. 

Overall - Only bad things on the show was the women’s tag and obviously the draft bollocks. Everything else was terrific. I don’t care who booked this or who the creative vision was behind it - it was good shit all round and so, so, so much better than Raw. More of this, thanking you.