The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

28 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I told you all about Damian Priest.

He was on a Ring of Honor show over here and I barely remembered him. Really didn't think he was anything special. But he's definitely developed well in NXT and on the main roster. 

I guess people will have to stop pretending Sami was turning down the Saudi dollar on moral reasons…

I have no real thoughts on Smackers, other than ever since Cody didn’t win the titles both shows seem completely without purpose and everything just appears to be drifting.

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I guess people will have to stop pretending Sami was turning down the Saudi dollar on moral reasons…

Wasn’t he effectively banned from the shows because of his Syrian heritage, as opposed to it being a moral stance?

Whatever the case, until the bell actually rings on their match I wouldn’t assume anything. They could easily do a title change between then and now.

Edited by RedRooster

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Perhaps to do with the fact that Syria & SA have resumed diplomatic discussions in recent months?

Edited by SpykeDudlei1

Oh, it’s definitely to do with that, he wasn’t allowed in and now he is. Easy. Smooth.

A lot of people however had projected onto Sami this moral persona, valiantly taking a stand and refusing to take the Saudi’s money in solidarity with the Syrian people and various other causes they assumed he cared about.

It’s that that can stop. Like everyone else, he wanted to go, but couldn’t. Now he can, he is. 

• Paid Members

The Bloodline saga feels like a movie franchise that's gone on too long. Cody Rhodes should have won at Wrestlemania. It's so typical of WWE to refuse to end something naturally, going to the well long after it's run dry. Cody Rhodes should have won at Wrestlemania. How Roman and The Usos would have reacted to them all losing would have been so much more interesting. Cody Rhodes should have won at Wrestlemania. Everyone also looked dumb scrapping for that new belt on the very same show Roman is appearing on, still carrying his two belts, still being called the Undisputed Champion. Cody Rhodes should have won at Wrestlemania.

On the plus side, Cameron Grimes looked brilliant. Great squash. To the moon!

Edited by Supremo

7 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Oh, it’s definitely to do with that, he wasn’t allowed in and now he is. Easy. Smooth.

A lot of people however had projected onto Sami this moral persona, valiantly taking a stand and refusing to take the Saudi’s money in solidarity with the Syrian people and various other causes they assumed he cared about.

It’s that that can stop. Like everyone else, he wanted to go, but couldn’t. Now he can, he is. 

I mean, you also can't say it wasn't moral. We don't know the man, He could have been more than happy, to not go. But since he's the champion, and is facing Roman, He HAS to go. We just don't know. 

Hey, i'm making no judgments, my only point is that we shouldn't use wrestlers as moral ciphers. They're wrestlers and employees and Sami was no better than those who went previously, and is no worst than those that don't go now.

He could choose not to go regardless, and he's not doing that because he's an employee behaving as an employee. That's fine.

When you have to pipe in noise for your hometown “longest reigning champion of the modern era” then there’s an issue. I don’t even mean a Bianca issue, the crowds in the US are the pits at the moments. Every decent crowd of late has been a non-US one.

The product isn’t terrible but the live crowds just don’t seem to care. I genuinely think Sami and Cody losing in such a short space has taken so much adrenaline out of the fans. LA Knight was getting some backing and he didn’t even get a slot on Mania and wasn’t on the show last night from what I remember. The crowds are now in a dangerous “why should we bother?” stage because none of their favourites ever rise to the top.

I'm increasingly convinced Cody losing was a last minute call and they're still working out what that means for the shows. Everything's just floating, drifting... Cody's the one working a Champion's program, and everything else is just confused mulch.

I appreciate the energy of people who have convinced themselves this is better or they're playing a smart long game or whatever. Or Cody has to earn it. Or struggle. Or something. And i'm sure when they eventually pull the trigger at say Summerslam, it'll be great and wonderful - but it won't be any more great or wonderful and we'll have wasted so much time.

They've fucked it. That's all. They've just utterly butterly fucked it.