The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Overall - The Bloodline business was top notch as expected, and the opener was a fantastic bout.m while the main event also delivered. However, the majority of the rest of the show failed to deliver this week. Still a great show, but hit up YouTube for the best bits and don’t bother with the whole caboodle. 

👍 Bloodline Business - More top telly this week even if they didn’t quite deliver what was advertised in the sense of Jey delivering his decision - I’m totally ok with this tough, as they waved more than enough of a carrot to dangle in front of us to tune in again next week when Roman’s back in the building. Hey vs Austin Theory was fine and dandy and the chaos around Jimmy’s interference add further intrigue. All of the teases between Jey, Sami and Heyman during the show were great too. This week was more about edging rather than ejaculating, but it was still fun! 

👍 Santos Escobar vs Mustafa Ali - Excellent effort from both and they provided an absolute ripper. Scary moment on the outside - Escobar’s hurricanrana almost went horribly wrong as he caught his own head on the ring steps on the rotation. Thankfully he made it out unscathed. Blinder of a bout. 

👍 Bayley vs Michin - Fine without being incredible, but plenty of effort on display from both. 

👎 Women’s title business - The new belt looks shite. Bianca looks white for being spoken to like a naughty schoolgirl by Adam Pearce and not getting involved. As sure as night follows day, a new title is essentially created and Charlotte rocks up. There’s some intrigue in what happens next in terms of matches, but the execution here failed to satisfy. 

👎 Women’s tag title business - Poor promos and there’s no intrigue in this at all. Two sets of women’s tag titles in the gutter. 

👎 Butch vs Baron Corbin - Pleased Butch is in the MITB ladder match, but that aside, Corbin sucks the life out of everything he appears in. Match wasn’t long enough to be of any merit. 

👎 Iyo Sky vs Shotzi - The right result but again, an mismatch in terms of opponents in terms of quality - Shotzi isn’t up the same standard as some of her counterparts and it shows on a weekly basis. 

What's intriguing about Charlotte and Askua? She'll beat Askua as is tradition and then bugger off again, When she gets cashed in on. 

I won't lie, it was funny seeing Charlotte just rock up and get a title match. They aren't even trying lmao. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

The new belt looks shite.

As I said. Same every time. It’s basically no different much like Roman’s new belt.

If anything, it’s better the background colour has been taken out of it.

Can't stand the W belts, just so shite. I saw the branding reasoning mentioned in here I think, that's an explanation but not a justification for this garbage. AEW's championship has 'AEW' in big letters on it, no room for confusion as to what promotion it represents. Yet it has gold and jewels and looks like something you'd actually bother wanting to win - it's not just the company logo with some straps attached.

• Paid Members

I’m well confused. I’ve only just clocked that Rhea took the “SmackDown Women’s Championship” to Raw with her instead of swapping belts with Belair like Lynch and Charlotte did that time. What have they been calling Mami’s belt on TV? And what will they call it now??

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

I’m well confused. I’ve only just clocked that Rhea took the “SmackDown Women’s Championship” to Raw with her instead of swapping belts with Belair like Lynch and Charlotte did that time. What have they been calling Mami’s belt on TV? And what will they call it now??

I'd put money and probably be wrong on them having a shiny Womens world heavyweight championship which looks quite like the men's but with a white strap waiting for her this Monday. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Roman sold that superkick like an absolute boss. Get 'im Jey! 

Absolutely. Hard to sell well but that's the best I think I've ever seen. Glorious.

I’m not sure it’s going to be Jey, as it’s very much taking shape as a ‘Jey doesn’t want to lead without Jimmy’ type story of them choosing to be a tag team, but I think odds should start tumbling on Solo.

Hidden in plain sight throughout, watched it all… slowly looking more pained as this drama happens around him.

If they’re content with Cody just being king of Monday’s, they may just start looking at Solo as the last man standing.

I think it’s probably worth taking nostalgia out of it for a second and recognising that Roman might actually be the best performer of all time. His mannerisms throughout were exceptional. 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz