The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Issues with streams aside, missed the Asuka/Charlotte match and post match shenanigans, that episode absolutely flew by, even more so than when I watch it on a catch up stream on Saturday afternoons

It will be the biggest crime since not putting the titles on Cody at Mania, if they don’t have LA Knight win the MITB case tomorrow, man was massively over tonight

Lovely show ender brawl between the family, that BloodLine tag is going to be nuclear tomorrow, Roman looked very rattled at the thought of Solo usurping him

That queue was completely wild and unnecessary. Just a lot of very eager people. It was cool though, you could sense real excitement.

A strange show, in that in the main I’d say it wasn’t great BUT everything I wanted to deliver did deliver. Enjoyed the tag match, though without comms I didn’t follow KO’s injury and thought he was really hurt. Enjoyed seeing LA Knight. Thought the Bloodline finale was fun.

Crowd wasn’t as wild as I expected, but were big into LA Knight.

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

That queue was completely wild and unnecessary. Just a lot of very eager people. It was cool though, you could sense real excitement.

A strange show, in that in the main I’d say it wasn’t great BUT everything I wanted to deliver did deliver. Enjoyed the tag match, though without comms I didn’t follow KO’s injury and thought he was really hurt. Enjoyed seeing LA Knight. Thought the Bloodline finale was fun.

Crowd wasn’t as wild as I expected, but were big into LA Knight.

On the whole I'm just not a big fan of TV tapings. They're always disjointed and I find them quite awkward. But it's the best way to get to see all the good people so yeah it's a tough one.

The crowd was decent enough I thought all things considered. It wasn't like it was a packed show full of quality matches. It felt like a warm up for tomorrow really and it served it's purpose. I think with the place full tomorrow and the action lined up it'll be fucking spectacular.

But yeah I'm the same. I got my moments. That was all I've wanted when I've been watching at home. I've already got my moneys worth.

• Paid Members

Other then fans of LA Knight proving to be the worst wrestling fans in History (must have heard the word Yeah shouted out 1000 times over the course of a few hours), I thought it was a decent Smackdown. That said I thought the entrance looked naff in real life (just the venue not being set up for it) and it’s the polar opposite of Dynamite. Few matches, more video packages and in ring promos. And the going to adverts pre/mid match is weird because everything grounds to a halt.

An arena singing along to Sami’s theme was magical though. Great stuff. The women’s title match looked sloppy, hope it comes off better on TV. Also the Austin Theory match was odd, a finish that looked shit and came out of nowhere.

The Bloodline segment to end was fantastic, crowd fully invested, Usos being over like rover. MitB should be superb tomorrow.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The LA Knight thing actually reminded me of early Daniel Bryan YES chants filling the Underground and the arenas. I actually enjoy the crowds being into him. At least it makes sense unlike everyone never letting go of that Bayley thing.

Yeah the Bayley thing was dumb, there were definitely moments tonight the crowd weren’t doing what the E would want which made me laugh though.

I finished work and got the train up and got to the o2 around 7.10 and was met with queues reaching the underground almost

Had no idea what it was for so just strolled in the actual o2 and realised it was the queue for the arena. 

I was supposed to go in that entrance B but the steward was just directing everyone around to the other entrance H regardless.

No queues and was in straight away sure had to walk all the way around the arena as my seat was literally in the furthest block away in the corner of the opposite side but doesn't take that long to walk around.

I enjoyed the show, flew by I thought and everyone seemed to be having a blast.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show, booked tomorrow off (going to Smackdown was more off a last minute thing so had to work still) so getting there a lot earlier and go in the shop and that Bus (assuming it's free to go in?)

The really good points were the crowd were absolutely electric genuinely so loud and you could feel the energy through the tv.

However every single match seemed so rushed for example the tag title match should have absolutely been given abit more time considering it looks like we're not getting them on the ppv tomorrow/today now technically. 

The video package for the bloodline feud was absolutely outstanding and once again shows that wwe can still knock this shit out the park when they want to.

The final segment was so short and ended up finishing the episode completely 10/15 minutes early but it really did the job and I can't imagine this match will be anywhere but the main event.

9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Whats in the bus? I wasn't queuing for it.

Memorabilia.  Don’t know if it’s free but I assume it is.  I would have thought the queue would have been bigger if it was free though.  Maybe it was just for VIP ticket holders or something?

8 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The final segment was so short and ended up finishing the episode completely 10/15 minutes early but it really did the job and I can't imagine this match will be anywhere but the main event.

It was scheduled to finish at 9.45.

Spoiler

Cody v Dominik is going on last apparently.