The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Greatest flat back bump I’ve ever seen. Incredible. Fitting for the mob boss character that he looks like he’s been shot dead.

Did I cry tears of joy when Sami and Kevin won the Tag titles at Wrestlemania? Yes. But will I be rooting against them when they defend against Pretty Deadly in London? YES BOY.

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

You gotta love the ego on Roman, gets a shiny new belt to solidify his reign, still keeps the two belts he already had just for shits and giggles 

When they unveiled the new belt, I was hopefully that he’d still have the other two with him. Gold belt around his wait, holding up the other two or just swinging them around like some kind of double cock, he looks the fucking business.

• Paid Members

Overall - 💉💉💉💉💉💉

👍 Jey turns on the Bloodline - Oh my fucking life. What an extraordinary storyline this has been. An inspired performance from Jey - you felt his pain and his torment, and you felt his sorrow learning that his brother didn’t believe in him as a future tribal chief. He delivered his words so passionately to Jimmy and you hung on his every word. I genuinely thought he might stay with the Bloodline as it was progressing. Then he uttered those fateful words “And I’m out too” - BAM, kicked Roman’s boat off. Roman sold the follow up double super kick like he’d been blasted with a shotgun. I don’t want to certify this next claim until the storyline/angle/epic has formally concluded, but we may well look back on this in the years to come as the greatest wrestling storyline ever. A bold claim but it’s been three years of absolutely incredible television. Thanks to this segment, the teases leading up to it in the evening, and what was certainly a solid show with everything else outside of this angle, we’ve just watched one of Smackdown’s best ever episodes. It was so, so, SO good. 

👍 Tag gauntlet - YES BOY! I’m not a huge fan of the gauntlet format personally, but the action throughout here was good and Sheamus/Ridge put in a proper shift throughout to make it a great story. Pretty Deadly being the last team and shithousing their way to victory was too patter. The match in London is going to be really interesting - Sami/KO (also, loved KO’s outburst) are massively over, but Pretty Deadly might get a monster reception on home soil. 

👍 Charlotte/Bianca exchange - I really enjoyed this. Both came across like megastars and delivered their promos really well, Bianca especially. Although they’ve faced each other before, I’d be well up for it again, or a triple threat with Asuka in the mix. 

👍 Iyo Sky/Zelina Vega - Short but sweet and the Damage CTRL storyline keeps developing at a good pace. 

👍 Mixed tag - Again, short but sweet and a good outing for Kross and Scarlett going over AJ and Michin. Don’t recall seeing that F5-esque finished from Kross before - have to say it looks the business. 

👍 LA Knight vs Santos Escobar - A running theme tonight with the matches as yet again we had a short, yet fun sprint between two good acts. London is going to go absolutely mental for LA Knight. 

• Paid Members

From a fantastic episode of Dynamite to a stunning episode of Smackdown, anyone still banging the AEW or WWE drum like it's a football derby needs to get a grip of themselves and enjoy the ride. We really are living in a brilliant time for wrestling, factor in Impact and ROH and how could you not just have a good time? 

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

From a fantastic episode of Dynamite to a stunning episode of Smackdown, anyone still banging the AEW or WWE drum like it's a football derby needs to get a grip of themselves and enjoy the ride. We really are living in a brilliant time for wrestling, factor in Impact and ROH and how could you not just have a good time? 

My mate's like this. He deadpanly serious, said, that Jey turned on Roman BECAUSE CM Punk was returning and "Knowing WWE" They want to ruin his big return. 

Roman just oozes 'superstar' doesn't he?

We need to enjoy him while we can because Hollywood no doubt beckons for the handsome bastard sooner rather than later. 

He's just light years Infront of his peers when it comes to how he carries and presents himself. 

Credit to WWE too as they haven't done a storyline this layered and engaging possibly ever. I keep thinking they will fuck it up and they haven't (yet). 

Great TV. 

Doesn't it prove that sometimes you have to let storylines run and run and the longer it goes on the more invested people get, especially if its done with the right people?you have The Bloodline story that's been going on what 3 years now? Hangman and Elite similar time and when you think there isn't anywhere else to go, they throw a curveball in that gives the story a whole new chapter of options to fill another 6months of TV.

Great TV 

13 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Doesn't it prove that sometimes you have to let storylines run and run and the longer it goes on the more invested people get, especially if its done with the right people?you have The Bloodline story that's been going on what 3 years now? Hangman and Elite similar time and when you think there isn't anywhere else to go, they throw a curveball in that gives the story a whole new chapter of options to fill another 6months of TV.

Great TV 

No one has ever said that storylines need to be short and sweet. Absolutely not. But it depends on the story and the circumstances and the quality. There's just as much risk of it dragging on beyond the natural conclusion and overdoing it. Plenty of TV shows have done that.

• Paid Members

Before Roman moves on to Hollywood (if that happens) it’ll be interesting to see where it all goes. I think eventually it will still end with him losing to Cody, taking time off, and eventually it leads to Roman returning, possibly turning face and trying to get the family back together to take on a new enemy, possibly an elite heel group that may have come to fruition in that time. One by one he tries to repair his relationships with his family, which will lead to more drama as they gradually realign. Then you might have a short run with a baby face Bloodline for a bit before everyone moves on to something else or Roman and the Usos might pack the business in, or at least massively reduce their dates. Hugely exciting in prospect. 

The real challenge is filling the void. That's not to say there isn't some good stuff in WWE as there obviously is. But they need people to step up. For every Bloodline there's a Retribution and plenty of other failed ideas. But I guess you just never know til you try. No one knew the heights this would hit.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The real challenge is filling the void. That's not to say there isn't some good stuff in WWE as there obviously is. But they need people to step up. For every Bloodline there's a Retribution and plenty of other failed ideas. But I guess you just never know til you try. No one knew the heights this would hit.

I think part of the beauty of it is how it’s elevated the respective talents that have been involved with it. We’re perhaps seeing the first signs of this now with KO and Sami - apart from the odd cameo here and there, they’re basically done with the Bloodline now and moving in another direction - it’s early days but they’re still swivels over even without the Bloodline to rebel against on Raw. The challenge now will be for other parties such as the Usos to be able to do the same in the long term without Roman’s presence, which I think they’re probably gearing up to do in the future. 

I think Roman is likely to ascend to the next level, the special attraction category - having big PPV matches a few times a year against The Rock, or Austin, or whoever.  That way he can pursue his Hollywood ambitions and still get big pay checks.

It’s not like they don’t have a packed roster waiting to fill the void.  You have Cody clearly, but you can also see Priest, Knight, Sikoa and others are waiting to main event some big PPVs.  And you have guys like Styles, Sami Zayn, Owens who are all very over and bankable stars.  McIntyre is still knocking around as well.

I reckon the roster is the healthiest it’s been in years.  

1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Before Roman moves on to Hollywood (if that happens) it’ll be interesting to see where it all goes. I think eventually it will still end with him losing to Cody, taking time off, and eventually it leads to Roman returning, possibly turning face and trying to get the family back together to take on a new enemy, possibly an elite heel group that may have come to fruition in that time. One by one he tries to repair his relationships with his family, which will lead to more drama as they gradually realign. Then you might have a short run with a baby face Bloodline for a bit before everyone moves on to something else or Roman and the Usos might pack the business in, or at least massively reduce their dates. Hugely exciting in prospect. 

I reckon you could easily work this all the way to Roman as a face with The Bloodline v Gunther as a heel with Imperium who have been running roughshod all over the company by the time he comes back….