The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I realise none of this shit matters or ever really makes sense, but how on earth (in kayfabe) has Omos, the bloke presented as a major threat to Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania last month & set to face top star Seth Rollins at the ppv next week, gone undrafted?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, FUM said:

Why is Von Wagner classed as a free agent?

You can make a bit of logic for that - the draft pools for each night included "select NXT superstars" (as opposed to Raw/Smackdown being able to pick freely from NXT). Presumably Wagner was the only one of those made available for draft who didn't get picked and thus becomes an undrafted free agent, for now.

Where it potentially falls down is what happens next - if he signs with either main roster brand as a UDFA, why didn't someone just draft him given there seems to be no limit on the number of picks?

I suspect with Wagner they'll probably do something with him going back to NXT embarrassed and/or humbled (particularly as he's coming off the angle of being ditched by his manager after a losing streak), but will the others end up there too? I could see Dolph & Ali maybe heading to NXT as "good hands" for a bit (and going to guess wherever they end up they'll continue the gimmick of Ali pissing off Ziggler with his positivity, now about going undrafted), but will Omos drop down too? Can't see it, but maybe.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

I realise none of this shit matters or ever really makes sense, but how on earth (in kayfabe) has Omos, the bloke presented as a major threat to Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania last month & set to face top star Seth Rollins at the ppv next week, gone undrafted?

If you watch it you would have seen that MVP negotiated for Omos to not be drafted so the 2 brands can fight over him.   Now - that still doesn't make sense because them fighting over him is surely what the draft is.   Also, who is it we are to believe are doing the picks as Adam Pearce "runs" both.   Are we to believe it's the TV Networks execs?   But, if in MVP's mind, keeping him a free agent is a good thing, then I suppose it does make sense as that's what managers are for.

• Paid Members

They're going to have to get the belts off of Sami & KO before the Saudi show, aren't they? Do they drop them without taking the fall at B'cklash so they can have the return match sometime? 

2 hours ago, Statto said:

You can make a bit of logic for that - the draft pools for each night included "select NXT superstars" (as opposed to Raw/Smackdown being able to pick freely from NXT). Presumably Wagner was the only one of those made available for draft who didn't get picked and thus becomes an undrafted free agent, for now.

Surely that logic falls down when the NXT superstars are all being filmed acting shocked and surprised at their call up?

26 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They're going to have to get the belts off of Sami & KO before the Saudi show, aren't they? Do they drop them without taking the fall at B'cklash so they can have the return match sometime? 

Have they said that this year's Night of Champions will have every title defended? I'm wondering if it'll instead be a one night tournament to crown the WHC with a couple of other title matches peppered in, rather than every belt as they've done before.

• Paid Members

That crowd where phenomenal all show, but that pop for Bad Bunny was something else. HHH returning at the Rumble levels, they should run shows there more often.

Dom not being able to speak because of the heat he was getting, Cody having his theme sung word for word, just brilliant.

• Paid Members

👍 Drone! Fuck me what an intro. 

👍 Crowd - Bloody fantastic. I think even if the product was in a terrible place they'd have still made a bunch of noise, but they had loads of good stuff to sink their teeth into here and they responded in kind. Bless them all - bodes brilliantly for Backlash. 

👍 Bunny/LWO/Judgement Day business - What a fantastic way to open and close the show this was. As if the crowd needed anymore of an incentive to be jumping for joy right out of the gate, the opening segment sent them into raptures and set the tone for the rest of the evening, while the main event produced a really fun mixed tag before the big showdown at the end. I'd held out hope for the LWO that they'd get their moment in the sun this weekend despite some TV losses, and what a rub that was flanking Bad Bunny and taking out the Judgement Day. Cool visual of Priest just standing there while everyone charged past him as he eyed his prey. Just a phenomenal bit of business all round and the crowd made it feel extra special. Great stuff across the board from all involved. 

👍 Cody - Another cracker of a promo from Codylicious. Still over like rover and his appeal to the audience here should leave nobody in any doubt about his ability to capture the hearts and minds of fans across the globe (even if there were a few 'we want Lesnar' chants at one point. STFU San Juan). He HAS to go over at the PLE. And I still firmly believe he WILL finish the story, and when it DOES happen, people won't be moaning about how it didn't happen at Wrestlemania - it will still be a biblical, feel good moment which will warm our cockles. 

👍 Viking Raiders/Good Brothers - Solid in terms of the in-ring element, but seriously elevated by the game audience who were still going bananas from the opening segment. 

👍 CAMERON GRIIIIMES BABY TO THE MOOOOON

👍 Street Profits/Imperium - Same as above really, solid and made better for the jubilant crowd. Profits on a good roll currently. 

👎 Baron Corbin sucks the life out any segment he's in. Automatic thumbs down from this point whenever he appears. 

👎 Kross/Nakamura - Probably the only thing on the show which didn't tingle the testes. Nakamura's entrance is a sight to behold, and again it was elevated here by the superb crowd. But I just don't feel the buzz when the bell rings with Nakamura. I don't dislike Karrion Kross as much as others and to be fair this match was far from horrendous - but it's just not something I felt a great deal of personal investment in. 

Overall - Excellent Smackers. Can they hold it there every week?

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Nakamura just doesn't seem to have clicked properly in WWE, which is a shame because he's incredible.

• Paid Members

I take it all back. Cody wasn't the guy. He shouldn't have won at Wrestlemania.

Bad Bunny's the guy. What a pop!

Bonus points for being such a megastar that he can walk out with the old WWF scratch logo on his jacket and nobody in Gorilla has the balls to tell him to take it off.