The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ideally I’d like a woman who changes gimmick every few weeks, who is an anti vaxer and speaks ill of disabled people to be horrible to me. Later on I’d like a wrestler to give me their t-shirt after their match to cheer me up..

How we see wrestlers, isn't how the wrestlers see themselves.

The heel going to a fan to have some sort of friendly interaction only to pull away is a wrestling trope. Here's Athena doing it since that's one of the first examples that came to mind.

Maybe if someone explained to him why he's supposed to be upset by Lacey Evans doing it he would have been a bit more bothered by it. Since the 3 second clip cuts off his full reaction.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

How we see wrestlers, isn't how the wrestlers see themselves.

The heel going to a fan to have some sort of friendly interaction only to pull away is a wrestling trope. Here's Athena doing it since that's one of the first examples that came to mind.

Maybe if someone explained to him why he's supposed to be upset by Lacey Evans doing it he would have been a bit more bothered by it. Since the 3 second clip cuts off his full reaction.

So you don’t know how bothered he is by it either. You’re an idiot. If she’s wants to do that old fashioned heel trope there were other people she could have. Instead a wrestler who openly has said derogatory things about disability’s went for him.

19 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Exposed! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets. 

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So you don’t know how bothered he is by it either. You’re an idiot. If she’s wants to do that old fashioned heel trope there were other people she could have. Instead a wrestler who openly has said derogatory things about disability’s went for him.

I know in his full reaction he points back at her saying something and then turns to the people he's with. Not bursting into tears or any sign of visible distress. Before and after when you notice him he's watching the show like any other wrestling fan.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I know in his full reaction he points back at her saying something and then turns to the people he's with. Not bursting into tears or any sign of visible distress. Before and after when you notice him he's watching the show like any other wrestling fan.

No one knows his full reaction. He could have burst into tears as much as he also wasn’t bothered by it. The fact remains he was disabled and her history means we think of it being more targeted, that said even if it was another wrestler I’d have still thought it was off. But with Lacey Evans we know her real life stance which amplifies the action.

33 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Our very own @NEWM has a son with Down's Syndrome and here are his extremely well articulated thoughts on the Lacey Evans incident.

When you support a non top flight team, occasionally you get a player that you know is going to move on as they are destined for bigger and better things. NEWM is one of our versions of that. A wonderful wonderful man. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Our very own @NEWM has a son with Down's Syndrome and here are his extremely well articulated thoughts on the Lacey Evans incident.

I thought it was real shitty then read this and now I’m not arsed. An excellent view on the situation from someone who has the experience to make a fair assessment as opposed to me who has zero life experience of Downs Syndrome casting judgement.

• Paid Members

Sami Zayn getting a Stone Cold reaction. You love to see it. Montreal is going to be molten. I take back everything I’ve said about Triple H as a booker. If we get Sami’s old music at the pay per view I’ll send Hunter a fruit basket myself.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Another utterly gripping main segment with the challenge. Sami is over like rover.

I am honestly trying, doctor, to accept that Zayn winning the title is extremely unlikely and there is a wider plan afoot. But these reactions are only going to get louder, and louder, and louder. 

Fuck convention and what should be done regarding Roman’s title runs. I want Sami to win one or both belts so fucking badly. I can’t ignore it. It would just be a monumental end of that chapter of the story. I know we keep debating it in a spirited yet cordial fashion the on topic threads.

But fucking hell, look at these reactions. Look at how good this has been for the last few months. Look at how amazing it is at the moment. It’s absolutely breathtaking. I NEED a Sami win. I haven’t been this invested in an individual performer in years. I’m absolutely craving the ultimate fairytale win for him and I can’t shake it.