The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I’m not entirely sure we need to discuss the booking when it comes to Ronda looking or sounding stupid. The state of this.

The way it came out of nowhere right at the end of December makes me wonder if Ronda is on some type of rolling contract and everyone has collectively realised she’s not worth renewing. P45 just as she returns to Gorilla.

Imagine being a John Cena, returning to Hollywood in the new year, his co-stars and crew asking him how he got on returning to wrestling for one night.

”Yeah, it was great. One guy beat the living shit out of his opponent for real, on live, national television, as a receipt for a hard slap a month earlier. Totally normal pro-wrestling experience.”

• Paid Members
On 12/31/2022 at 3:47 AM, Kfogg1991 said:

Charlotte coming back to win the title in a super quick match with Ronda who had literally just had a match made Ronda look so stupid.

I know, it was great.

• Paid Members

And so the seeds of Roman vs Sami have finally started to be sewn. I'm the biggest Rock fan you'll find, but the only way I'd advocate his return and insertion into this program now is if they went with some kind of triple threat. I genuinely think Rock would also have to go heel - he'll be boo'ed if so much as even looks at Zayn in a dissatisfactory manner. Zayn/Reigns is the way to go. Utterly gripping viewing. The additional context from clips not shown on WWE's YouTube channel makes it even more fascinating though - Reigns apologising to Zayn and setting up Zayn vs Owens next week make for more essential viewing for the next broadcast. More of this, every week until Mania, please. There are so many possibilities too for the rest of the Bloodline - if Roman continues to berate Sami and even turn on him, will the rest of them follow suit? Are have they become so fond so Sami that they simply can't go through with it? Perhaps Solo stays as Roman's heavy and the Usos side with Sami causing an nWo-esque split? I'm salivating at all of these possibilities that almost definitely won't come to pass. 

The Usos continue to deliver banger after banger of TV tag matches. An enjoyable romp this week between them and Sheamus/Drew. 

Lacey Evans getting the Cobra Clutch is a nice touch. 

Top Dolla just had his best match in WWE against Ricochet. I'm on board with the Hit Row heel turn. 

It feels to me as if the end game will be Roman making Sami enter the Rumble in order to stop anyone challenging Roman for Mania. Sami is eliminated by whoever wins the Rumble whether it’s Cody or The Rock. Then the Smackdown after the Rumble they’ll do the turn. Can see them doing Roman and Sami at Elimination Chamber in Montreal and then branching out to Owens/Sami against the Usos at Mania. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

It feels to me as if the end game will be Roman making Sami enter the Rumble in order to stop anyone challenging Roman for Mania. Sami is eliminated by whoever wins the Rumble whether it’s Cody or The Rock. Then the Smackdown after the Rumble they’ll do the turn. Can see them doing Roman and Sami at Elimination Chamber in Montreal and then branching out to Owens/Sami against the Usos at Mania. 

That's a very logical next step and makes a lot of sense. Which would be a massive shame. My only hope is that it's a similar situation to the Daniel Bryan scenario in 2014 - the fans have so much stock and momentum behind the individual that it's absolutely impossible to ignore his inclusion and he can somehow be thrown in. 

Any other time the idea of Sami vs Roman in Montreal sounds like such a fantastic proposition and will undoubtedly be magic. It's just that anything after at Mania is going to feel like a let down isn't it? We're going to end up reaching the peak too early. KO/Owens vs The Usos isn't the end game. It's Sami/Roman. To then divert to Rock/Roman or Cody/Roman would be disappointing with the journey we've been on.

I'd hold fire on Cody. That story can be told anytime and not lose the impact.

Give the right man the spotlight.

Edited by DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Wonderful popcorn shenanigans here. Roman going from refusing to eating some, before cutting back to him and Heyman magically having some appear of their own, to Sami giving it the Emi Martinez and making Roman break at the end. For fuck's sake, book this at Wrestlemania. 

• Paid Members

If we're drawing the Daniel Bryan comparison what about they do Sami & Kevin Owens Vs the Usos on night one, and if they win Sami gets inserted into the title match on night two? 

Or Reigns tries to make it Sami Vs Kevin Owens again with the winner getting the shot, and Owens lays down for him. 

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Any other time the idea of Sami vs Roman in Montreal sounds like such a fantastic proposition and will undoubtedly be magic. It's just that anything after at Mania is going to feel like a let down isn't it? We're going to end up reaching the peak too early. KO/Owens vs The Usos isn't the end game. It's Sami/Roman. To then divert to Rock/Roman or Cody/Roman would be disappointing with the journey we've been on.

I'd hold fire on Cody. That story can be told anytime and not lose the impact.

Give the right man the spotlight.

heymans expression is just priceless, romans facials going from having fun to downright disgust is just brilliant to watch, the whole bloodline storyline has been exceptional

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Solo stays as Roman's heavy and the Usos side with Sami causing an nWo-esque split? I'm salivating at all of these possibilities that almost definitely won't come to pass.  

There's definitely something in Roman holding Sami back when he went to go to the ring, followed by Solo being taken out 2-on-1 by Butch and Ridge. It seemed too joined to not mean anything. 

Brilliant Smackdown once again, Legado getting some good spotlight is fantastic to see. Escobar is it, he's the Latin star they have been after. Charisma, smooth, good looking and very fucking good in ring. Legado are great. I'd have them end the Uso's run eventually.

All shoot me down, but I'll say it again, I desperately want to see Sami vs Roman, but he shouldn't be beating him for the title.

EC in Montreal would be absolutely perfect for them to have a match, and let Sami have several VERY near falls, and just about get beaten to compound everyone's heartache. Although this feels quite soon-ish I'd agree. What's this, 6 weeks away?

But he shouldn't beat Reigns for the title. That's very silly. Sorry.

I don't think he needs to either. The story is in the heartbreak and the nearly. For me anyway. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

All shoot me down, but I'll say it again, I desperately want to see Sami vs Roman, but he shouldn't be beating him for the title.

EC in Montreal would be absolutely perfect for them to have a match, and let Sami have several VERY near falls, and just about get beaten to compound everyone's heartache. Although this feels quite soon-ish I'd agree. What's this, 6 weeks away?

But he shouldn't beat Reigns for the title. That's very silly. Sorry.

I don't think he needs to either. The story is in the heartbreak and the nearly. For me anyway. 

Not. Very. Ucey.

30 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Sami Zayn What GIF by WWE

Oh No Reaction GIF by WWE

Sami Zayn Reaction GIF by WWE

If they can go through with the Kofi thing they can do it with Sami.

That was against Daniel Bryan. Not the same in a million years.

14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Not. Very. Ucey.

Sorry mate. I love the storyline, I want to see it, I want to believe, I want to buy into the near falls, I want to hope, but ultimately I don't think he should be winning.