Sign in to follow this  
Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

The Sinner season 3 is dogshit, even by the fairly low bar that was previously set. I stuck with the first one because I really wanted to see how they’d resolve the story (very grossly) The second series had Carrie Coon as a cult leader so there was enough to keep me going but this one has an uninteresting story, no good characters and Matt Bome is pants. I’m a misplaced Bill Pullman gurn from binning it off completely.

I was pretty surprised when I imdb’d the artist woman to show my lady that it’s the same actress who played Gretchen in Breaking Bad only to see that she’s also Ross’s ex wife’s girlfriend Susan in Friends. How did I miss that the first time round?

10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

she’s also Ross’s ex wife’s girlfriend Susan in Friends. How did I miss that the first time round?

To be fair, Ross missed it first time round as well.

I've been watching I May Destroy You on iPlayer.

Not always easy viewing due to its subject matter, but my god is it watchable. Mainly down to the lead, Michaela Coel, she is mesmerising.

58 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I've been watching I May Destroy You on iPlayer.

Not always easy viewing due to its subject matter, but my god is it watchable. Mainly down to the lead, Michaela Coel, she is mesmerising.

Been meaning to watch this as she's fantastic. Looks like the kinda thing i'll need to be in the right frame of mind to watch though.

Dark season 3 opened with a new character with a cleft lip to which I instantly remarked, “I dunno who the fuck he is but I bet there’s about 3 more versions of him” then a young boy with a cleft lip and an old man with a cleft lip suddenly emerged from the shadows. Pretty much sums the show up.

It’s great but fuck is it easy to lose your way with all the different versions of characters and time lines. Still great music.

11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Dark season 3 opened with a new character with a cleft lip to which I instantly remarked, “I dunno who the fuck he is but I bet there’s about 3 more versions of him” then a young boy with a cleft lip and an old man with a cleft lip suddenly emerged from the shadows. Pretty much sums the show up.

It’s great but fuck is it easy to lose your way with all the different versions of characters and time lines. Still great music.

I posted a little while back that its one of the best shows I've ever seen. Saw the first two episodes last night of S3, still trying to get my head round it, but great show so far. Hopefully get this wrapped up in the next few days, then will probably have to rewatch everything again to see what I've missed. Glad there is another Dark fan/follower on here.  

Edited by Briefcase

Little America on Apple TV is a fantastic watch. Some really strong short stories based on real life immigrants. Mostly uplifting and inspirational. Just made me smile for the most part.

I know it's not Amazon or Netflix but I lost the other topic.

This should be renamed for all streaming platforms seeing as though there are more than Prime and Netflix these days.

This thread is fucking dumb anyway. There's a tv show thread, a film thread, a documentary thread, a stand-up thread, etc. What is the point in keeping any of those things out of their respective threads just because they happen to be on a streaming platform?

That said all the Disney shite does need to stay in its own thread.

I gave The Floor is Lava a go and it was the usual run of the mill obstacle course shite until I saw the daughter of the first family fall in the lava and how the family have to sell it as if she has actually been consumed by lava. It’s a game changer and it’s an absolute must watch for how ever long it takes to get bored of the shitty over acting every time they fall in.

Also chased it with a teen romcom called The Half of It. I assume you’ve already seen it @SuperBacon? I thought it was a little disjointed and the tone shifts here and there but the two main characters were incredibly sweet and likeable. Not up there with Booksmart or Edge of Seventeen but one of the better offerings in the abundance of similar films Netflix have to offer.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I gave The Floor is Lava a go and it was the usual run of the mill obstacle course shite until I saw the daughter of the first family fall in the lava and how the family have to sell it as if she has actually been consumed by lava. It’s a game changer and it’s an absolute must watch for how ever long it takes to get bored of the shitty over acting every time they fall in.

Also chased it with a teen romcom called The Half of It. I assume you’ve already seen it @SuperBacon? I thought it was a little disjointed and the tone shifts here and there but the two main characters were incredibly sweet and likeable. Not up there with Booksmart or Edge of Seventeen but one of the better offerings in the abundance of similar films Netflix have to offer.

I have. Watched it with the eldest and she really liked it, and so did I. I thought it was really sweet and all 3 leads were really likeable and you kind of rooted for all of them to be happy.

Good representation as well.

Kingdom has just popped up on Netflix(It’s an MMA Drama) I remember watching it a few years back and really enjoying it.  Frank Grillo and Jonathan Tucker play absolute blinders in it as well as Paul Walter Hauser for your comedy needs.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Season 3 of The Sinner was balls.  I'm now two episodes in on Unbelievable, Kaitlyn Dever is always brilliant and is utterly phenomenal in this.  She must be protected so we don't lose her to that cape and spandex bollocks like we did with Jennifer Lawrence.

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Season 3 of The Sinner was balls.  I'm now two episodes in on Unbelievable, Kaitlyn Dever is always brilliant and is utterly phenomenal in this.  She must be protected so we don't lose her to that cape and spandex bollocks like we did with Jennifer Lawrence.

It's worse. She's in a musical next :(