UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

• Moderators

This thread is fucking dumb anyway. There's a tv show thread, a film thread, a documentary thread, a stand-up thread, etc. What is the point in keeping any of those things out of their respective threads just because they happen to be on a streaming platform?

That said all the Disney shite does need to stay in its own thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave The Floor is Lava a go and it was the usual run of the mill obstacle course shite until I saw the daughter of the first family fall in the lava and how the family have to sell it as if she has actually been consumed by lava. It’s a game changer and it’s an absolute must watch for how ever long it takes to get bored of the shitty over acting every time they fall in.

Also chased it with a teen romcom called The Half of It. I assume you’ve already seen it @SuperBacon? I thought it was a little disjointed and the tone shifts here and there but the two main characters were incredibly sweet and likeable. Not up there with Booksmart or Edge of Seventeen but one of the better offerings in the abundance of similar films Netflix have to offer.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I gave The Floor is Lava a go and it was the usual run of the mill obstacle course shite until I saw the daughter of the first family fall in the lava and how the family have to sell it as if she has actually been consumed by lava. It’s a game changer and it’s an absolute must watch for how ever long it takes to get bored of the shitty over acting every time they fall in.

Also chased it with a teen romcom called The Half of It. I assume you’ve already seen it @SuperBacon? I thought it was a little disjointed and the tone shifts here and there but the two main characters were incredibly sweet and likeable. Not up there with Booksmart or Edge of Seventeen but one of the better offerings in the abundance of similar films Netflix have to offer.

I have. Watched it with the eldest and she really liked it, and so did I. I thought it was really sweet and all 3 leads were really likeable and you kind of rooted for all of them to be happy.

Good representation as well.

Kingdom has just popped up on Netflix(It’s an MMA Drama) I remember watching it a few years back and really enjoying it.  Frank Grillo and Jonathan Tucker play absolute blinders in it as well as Paul Walter Hauser for your comedy needs.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• 4 weeks later...

Season 3 of The Sinner was balls.  I'm now two episodes in on Unbelievable, Kaitlyn Dever is always brilliant and is utterly phenomenal in this.  She must be protected so we don't lose her to that cape and spandex bollocks like we did with Jennifer Lawrence.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Season 3 of The Sinner was balls.  I'm now two episodes in on Unbelievable, Kaitlyn Dever is always brilliant and is utterly phenomenal in this.  She must be protected so we don't lose her to that cape and spandex bollocks like we did with Jennifer Lawrence.

It's worse. She's in a musical next :(

11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Season 3 of The Sinner was balls. 

And yet Bill Pullmans awkward gurning face will pull me back for the fourth series. It really was balls but also incredible for the shaven headed transformation!

I watched Robert Altman's Images (1972) last night and really enjoyed it. 

Great performance from Susannah York in a film that's not really about much other than a person's descent into madness. 

The score from John Williams is great, too, and it's interesting to watch this considering how Altman was so well-known for his big ensemble casts when there are only six characters total in this. 

It's on Prime right now. I'd say I enjoyed it more than Persona and as much as Repulsion, of which it shares certain similarities. 

• 2 weeks later...

I subscribe to Amazon Prime on Virgin. I have not really watched anything on there before, but i was flicking through it lastnight and saw a few series i would not mind watching. When i clicked to watch, it said it would cost £2:99 to watch an episode. Is this how it works? You subscribe but then also you have to pay to watch certain series or films? Thanks. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Mr Lawrence said:

I subscribe to Amazon Prime on Virgin. I have not really watched anything on there before, but i was flicking through it lastnight and saw a few series i would not mind watching. When i clicked to watch, it said it would cost £2:99 to watch an episode. Is this how it works? You subscribe but then also you have to pay to watch certain series or films? Thanks. 

Yes, there is a tab you can move to only select inc with prime option 

• Paid Members

It is annoying. We made it through five series of Elementary on Prime, only to find we'd have to pay to watch the last 2. I actually almost wished we still had Sky so we could have watched it, and Modern Family. If NowTV wasn't so damned expensive I'd probably be going for a few months of that to get them finished off.