Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Barely having a social life and hardly ever going out gives me, I mean people, plenty of time to rattle through TV shows. 

Plus being able to listen to what I want during work gives me 8 or 9 hours a day to listen to music, audiobooks and podcasts. In a normal day I’ll rattle through about 6 or 7 podcast episodes as well as a couple of new albums released the week before. If I’m running low on podcasts I’ll catch up on some audiobooks which I probably average one every week-10 days or so. 

5 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Bollocks, you spend all that time on here!

In keeping with forum tradition, I only come on here during the day whilst pooing.

Finished watching Unibomber. Really enjoyed this, based on a true life story but fascinating how they worked out who did it. 

16 hours ago, Factotum said:

As someone who has only a passing interest in Basketball I am fucking loving THE LAST DANCE

It's so great. My biggest disappointment is that they don't give Rodman more profile and Jordan a little less. There's a great documentary about how Jordan transformed the commercial aspect of sport to be made but as the focal point of the show he's a little dull. 

I could definitely watch him dunk for infinity. 

I think a lot is known about Rodman, it's all out there! MJ is still a bit of a mystery to a lot of people. He rarely speaks or gives interviews. I found his speech about being a nice guy and pushing people at the end of episode 7 to be utterly compelling, the emotion, anger in his voice. Jordan is very guarded but he lets himself out at moments and its quite explosive.

I love the bits where MJ watches other people's interviews. The snort of laughter he lets out when he watches Gary Payton talking about defending him in the finals is my series highlight so far. 

He's pretty insightful too. I didn't realise he was usually guarded, I just assumed one of the biggest American sportsman ever would have had his story told a million times. He's definitely good value but I'm at the episode 5 mark and I just want some Rodman dick breaking stories.

I find the approach to American coaching so interesting compared to the school teacher approach that is the stereotype in this country. Imagine if Balotelli had a Phil Jackson when he was 19.

Paul Heyman is playing Krause in the movie.

26 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

He's pretty insightful too. I didn't realise he was usually guarded, I just assumed one of the biggest American sportsman ever would have had his story told a million times. He's definitely good value but I'm at the episode 5 mark and I just want some Rodman dick breaking stories.

I find the approach to American coaching so interesting compared to the school teacher approach that is the stereotype in this country. Imagine if Balotelli had a Phil Jackson when he was 19.

Paul Heyman is playing Krause in the movie.

Can highly recommend Phil Jackson's Eleven Rings book if it's of interest. Phil is a rare breed. Can't think of a football equivalent. Maybe Bielsa.

Heyman's a good shout, but I want Paul Giamatti for the role of Krause.

I've just binged watched the first 3 episodes of Inhuman Resources with Eric Cantona. Gripping so far.. I found myself rooting for Eric.. But now I'm not so fond of the character.. Well worth a watch! 

Started to watch 'Dark' and if it continues the way it's going, it's probably going to be up there with the best series I've ever seen, let alone best thing I've seen on Netflix.

Without giving too much away, it's time travel with plenty of twists/turns set in a creepy German forest town, stick with the first 3 episodes and it starts to come together afterwards.

Only thing that might put you off is that it's dubbed in English (German made), but I've watched in German with subtitles and it hasn't taken anything away from the show.

Edited by Briefcase