UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

I think a lot is known about Rodman, it's all out there! MJ is still a bit of a mystery to a lot of people. He rarely speaks or gives interviews. I found his speech about being a nice guy and pushing people at the end of episode 7 to be utterly compelling, the emotion, anger in his voice. Jordan is very guarded but he lets himself out at moments and its quite explosive.

He's pretty insightful too. I didn't realise he was usually guarded, I just assumed one of the biggest American sportsman ever would have had his story told a million times. He's definitely good value but I'm at the episode 5 mark and I just want some Rodman dick breaking stories.

I find the approach to American coaching so interesting compared to the school teacher approach that is the stereotype in this country. Imagine if Balotelli had a Phil Jackson when he was 19.

Paul Heyman is playing Krause in the movie.

26 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

He's pretty insightful too. I didn't realise he was usually guarded, I just assumed one of the biggest American sportsman ever would have had his story told a million times. He's definitely good value but I'm at the episode 5 mark and I just want some Rodman dick breaking stories.

I find the approach to American coaching so interesting compared to the school teacher approach that is the stereotype in this country. Imagine if Balotelli had a Phil Jackson when he was 19.

Paul Heyman is playing Krause in the movie.

Can highly recommend Phil Jackson's Eleven Rings book if it's of interest. Phil is a rare breed. Can't think of a football equivalent. Maybe Bielsa.

Heyman's a good shout, but I want Paul Giamatti for the role of Krause.

Started to watch 'Dark' and if it continues the way it's going, it's probably going to be up there with the best series I've ever seen, let alone best thing I've seen on Netflix.

Without giving too much away, it's time travel with plenty of twists/turns set in a creepy German forest town, stick with the first 3 episodes and it starts to come together afterwards.

Only thing that might put you off is that it's dubbed in English (German made), but I've watched in German with subtitles and it hasn't taken anything away from the show.

Edited by Briefcase

29 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Only thing that might put you off is that it's dubbed in English (German made), but I've watched in German with subtitles and it hasn't taken anything away from the show.

So you either have to listen in badly dubbed English or READ it???

Fuck that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

So you either have to listen in badly dubbed English or READ it???

Fuck that.

Oh come on, watching European language dramas is surely on your hipster bingo card!

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I have been discovering Anthony Bourdain recently thanks to Parts Unknown being on Amazon. Yet another person I discover when they're already dead and so it's too late to imagine meeting them. His programmes are absolutely phenomenal and indeed they don't even seem like cooking programmes most of the time - more like a mix of travel and anthropology. It's all so very watchable and I love how he comes across as almost a Jack Kerouac/Hunter S Thompson kind of figure. The guy had my dream job. Above anything else I'd describe his shows as being very "human" television. I had never in my life expected to feel an urge to go to Beirut or South Korea but after seeing him there, both are now on the list. 

An absolutely brilliant man and he deserved far better than to go out hanging from a noose in a Strasbourg hotel room. A great loss to the world. 

He wrote well also - I’ve read a couple of his books.  He does come across as one of those characters whose drug dependency prevented from fully achieving his potential.