Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Watched season 1 of American Gods... Couldn't push myself to watch season 2 somehowā€¦

Both The Walking Death and Games Of Thrones did nothing for me and stopped watching early on... Just like Good Omensā€¦ And while we at it... Haven't finished season 1 of Picard yet...

Extraction

Not *quite* as good as Six Underground, but this is still one of the best action films I've seen for some time. Hemsworth is fantastic, there's an incredible half hour long fight / foot chase / car chase / one-on-one brawl / another foot chase in the first half of this which has to be seen to be believed. Netflix should stick to action films with their originals.

I really enjoyed Afterlife series 2. Exactly like the first in terms of the tone being allĀ over the placeĀ and the whole thing being ridiculous, but a couple of the scenes had me laughing harder than anything on TV has in years.

Extraction - lot of fun. The one shot sequence was more entertaining then 1917. Fun action romp and worth a watch

They really go to town on the concept episodes in Community series 2 don't they. I won't complain too much as cowgirlĀ Annie was just running in slow motion down a corridor but it definitely feels different from the first series.

At least they make Jeff more of a dick and greased up Chang hitting the vents Willy style is a delight.

Edited by Mr_Danger

19 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I really enjoyed Afterlife series 2. Exactly like the first in terms of the tone being allĀ over the placeĀ and the whole thing being ridiculous, but a couple of the scenes had me laughing harder than anything on TV has in years.

I agree. It's pretty much more of the same. Call someone a cunt, watch video's of the dead wife, dog stops him killing himself. Still enjoyed it for the most part though. And Diane Morgan in those glassesĀ šŸ˜

6 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

They really go to town on the concept episodes in Community series 2 don't they. I won't complain too much as cowgirlĀ Annie was just running in slow motion down a corridor but it definitely feels different from the first series.

At least they make Jeff more of a dick and greased up Chang hitting the vents Willy style is a delight.

They really go overboard on the concept/meta stuff towards the end of its run. Almost every episode has a variant of 'we know this is a TV show lol'.Ā 

I really like the show and it's watchable all the way through, but quality-wise it does fall of a cliff around season 4.

I fancy binging some US sitcom - anyone got any recommendations for Netflix?

Just to give an idea of likes and dislikes - Brooklyn 99, It's Always Sunny, Community and New Girl are all favourites. I fucking detest Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

The Good Place (Netflix)

Ā Archer (Netflix)

Ā Rick & Morty (Netflix)

Ā Modern Family (Amazon)

The Middle ( Amazon)

Ā 

Ā 

37 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I fancy binging some US sitcom - anyone got any recommendations for Netflix?

Just to give an idea of likes and dislikes - Brooklyn 99, It's Always Sunny, Community and New Girl are all favourites. I fucking detest Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

Schitts Creek. Absolutely love it.

Cheers both - I'd narrowed it down to Schitts Creek, Modern Family or Arrested Development so will definitely be one of those three!

Forgot to mention Good Place is another I loved.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

3 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Cheers both - I'd narrowed it down to Schitts Creek, Modern Family or Arrested Development so will definitely be one of those three!

Forgot to mention Good Place is another I loved.

Said it before but Annie Murphy in Schitts Creek is such an underrated performance. They're all great but she's phenomenal.

I don't have Amazon anymore unfortunately - got annoyed with finding a film/show on there only for them to want another Ā£3 odd off me to watch it.