UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

Yeah I didn't mind the change of style so much as the overabundance of shit going on. I do think if they carry on in that direction they'll have to bend the facts and timelines massively and it'll lose what made the first season so special.

The secondary plot with his kid stretched credibility too far.  His character didn’t need that.

Also not nearly enough Anna Torv and no Hannah Gross at all.  I surely can’t have been the only one hoping they’d hook up.

Still a great series though.

The Atlanta plot of Season 2 was great as it calls into question whether they're right or not, which I liked. I read up on the case after and it handles it really well.

Also, got to say season 2 was worth it for that Charles Manson scene alone. Brilliant.

But it would have been even better if it didn't play out as a subplot to the BTK stuff. That's the problem with season two, there's loads of stuff to like but it's diluted because they've got the Silence of the Lambs stuff with Kemper/BTK, the personal lives of them all which is fine but some of it is way too heavy for a subplot, and everything in between with the Bureau changes. You can get away with having a full plate of a show if it's handled with deftness and subtlety like Mad Men but it's all 100 mph, and I really liked it still.

BCS season 4 is ridiculously good. Hispanic Timothy Olyphant is just as good as real Timothy Olyphant. I love how he dominates every scene he's in and I don't think he's ever not smiled yet he's the most menacing fucker on the show. Like a jovial Stephen Graham he just has a natural intimidating presence. 

Am I the only person who thinks Howard is alright?

• Moderators

Ah gutted, that means I'll have to see Ricky Gervais's smug stupid face on the landing page again at some point. They really need a hide feature in Netflix whereby if you know you don't ever want to watch something you can blacklist it from ever appearing in any category for you.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

So, how many of us googled "Vintage Chicago Bulls shirt" after watching the first episode of The Last Dance? Appalling the prices of basket ball tops aren't they.

Nice, but not as nice as the early 90s Hawks tops from this weeks episode. If you're interested, this site (run by the Classic Football Shirts lads) isn't too bad depending on what you're after. https://www.game7sportswear.com/basketball

Still not over how as 11 year olds we all went into Kingston one Saturday and my "mate" Jack bought the last white Rodman whilst I had to make do with an Olajuwon 96 USA top (obviously I don't have it still like all my football shirts). Fuming.

Edited by SuperBacon
forgot the linkage

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

So, how many of us googled "Vintage Chicago Bulls shirt" after watching the first episode of The Last Dance? Appalling the prices of basket ball tops aren't they.

Get on the old DHGate. They must have some on there. I ordered myself this beaut from there the other day as there are retro shirts aplenty:

resizedcrop-3791961e55d70ba0ea2260be6dd036f5-840x480.jpg.2c8991f0332ed529282e0134113f0623.jpg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Get on the old DHGate. They must have some on there. I ordered myself this beaut from there the other day as there are retro shirts aplenty:

resizedcrop-3791961e55d70ba0ea2260be6dd036f5-840x480.jpg.2c8991f0332ed529282e0134113f0623.jpg

I've been after a decent version of that shirt for ages but never been convinced by DH Gate and the likes. If you know a trustworthy seller, please help a brother out. 

On 4/23/2020 at 7:30 PM, Loki said:

Breaking Bad - it seems it's number one on everyone's Greatest Dramas but after two series we just... moved onto something else.

Apologies for replying to an old comment, making my way through the thread and saw this.

I was about to give up on Breaking Bad after the second series, couldn't get my head around the hype at all. But from series 3 it becomes something else. S3 onwards and then into its spinoff, Better Call Saul, there's some of the best television ever made.

I'm not usually one for sitting through hours of TV or movies for the sake of it, but Breaking Bad from 3-5 had me hooked. Watched it for the second time and it was even more enjoyable. Give Series 3 a go and make your mind up after that, you can't really give it a chance until then.