UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Lost Bullet

French actioner that continues Netflix's decent run of original action films. One truly great scene and several other good ones dotted about, a very solid 90 minutes, which is the least I always ask for from something like this. A certainty for a Hollywood remake too.

Yep, really enjoyed this as well.

Watched Wasp Network (Netflix), and despite it being a bit too long, thought it was well worth a watch. It's about Cuban spies in the States during the 90s and has a cracking cast (Edgar Ramirez, Wagner Moura, Penelope Cruz, Gael Garcia Bernal, Ana de Armas). 

Sags a bit, but a really well made solid film.

I'm currently watching a series called Harts of the West on Amazon Prime. 

It's a comedy/drama from 1993/94 about a guy who has a heart attack and decides to he wants to become a cowboy so he buys a dude ranch in the middle of nowhere in Nevada. 

A few episodes in and I am really enjoying it. The writing is really good and the mix of genres and references and quirky characters gives it a Northern Exposure kind of feel. I fucking love Northern Exposure, so there you go. Go figure. 

The cast is excellent as well. Beau and Lloyd Bridges, Harley Kozak and Stephen Root all involved. It's a show that seemingly faded into obscurity but I would definitely recommend it if you want something light to watch. 

There's fifteen 40-minute episodes. 

• Paid Members

So, Snowpiercer. I've done three episodes and I'm not sure I can be arsed going back. Does it improve at all or should I just move on with my life?

The Sinner season 3 is dogshit, even by the fairly low bar that was previously set. I stuck with the first one because I really wanted to see how they’d resolve the story (very grossly) The second series had Carrie Coon as a cult leader so there was enough to keep me going but this one has an uninteresting story, no good characters and Matt Bome is pants. I’m a misplaced Bill Pullman gurn from binning it off completely.

I was pretty surprised when I imdb’d the artist woman to show my lady that it’s the same actress who played Gretchen in Breaking Bad only to see that she’s also Ross’s ex wife’s girlfriend Susan in Friends. How did I miss that the first time round?

10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

she’s also Ross’s ex wife’s girlfriend Susan in Friends. How did I miss that the first time round?

To be fair, Ross missed it first time round as well.

I've been watching I May Destroy You on iPlayer.

Not always easy viewing due to its subject matter, but my god is it watchable. Mainly down to the lead, Michaela Coel, she is mesmerising.

58 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I've been watching I May Destroy You on iPlayer.

Not always easy viewing due to its subject matter, but my god is it watchable. Mainly down to the lead, Michaela Coel, she is mesmerising.

Been meaning to watch this as she's fantastic. Looks like the kinda thing i'll need to be in the right frame of mind to watch though.

Dark season 3 opened with a new character with a cleft lip to which I instantly remarked, “I dunno who the fuck he is but I bet there’s about 3 more versions of him” then a young boy with a cleft lip and an old man with a cleft lip suddenly emerged from the shadows. Pretty much sums the show up.

It’s great but fuck is it easy to lose your way with all the different versions of characters and time lines. Still great music.

11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Dark season 3 opened with a new character with a cleft lip to which I instantly remarked, “I dunno who the fuck he is but I bet there’s about 3 more versions of him” then a young boy with a cleft lip and an old man with a cleft lip suddenly emerged from the shadows. Pretty much sums the show up.

It’s great but fuck is it easy to lose your way with all the different versions of characters and time lines. Still great music.

I posted a little while back that its one of the best shows I've ever seen. Saw the first two episodes last night of S3, still trying to get my head round it, but great show so far. Hopefully get this wrapped up in the next few days, then will probably have to rewatch everything again to see what I've missed. Glad there is another Dark fan/follower on here.  

Edited by Briefcase