UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

Agreed, All4 has to be the worst streaming service out there. You cant't even look at another tab on a laptop whilst the adverts are playing, the utter slags.

Desmonds is great and all, but where is Porkpie!!!???

Rocks is on Netflix from Thursday, and everyone should see it. It's the best film I've seen all year.

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Agreed, All4 has to be the worst streaming service out there. You cant't even look at another tab on a laptop whilst the adverts are playing, the utter slags.

Open a 2nd browser or install the browser extension AdBlock Plus, to block adverts.

Hubie Hallowe’en. It’s everything you could possibly want from a Netflix Adam Sandler film. Stupid name, funny voice, childlike innocence, god awful running jokes. It’s shit tier Sandler but has Julie Bowen so there’s that at least. $275m they paid him to make 4 films. This is one of them. Fair play Sandler, you know what you’re doing.

• 2 weeks later...

American Horror Story Apocalypse (Netflix)

Never watched the series before but the scenario caught my eye. Has the dialogue and acting always been this bad? Struggled to get through the first episode.

Doesn't help when the first character introduced is a rich asshole who's goal is to be an online influencer. Yeah that's super relatable.

I don't know if this is the place for other streaming services but Quibi is dead, no big shock there as it was laughably bad from the start being limited to phones and getting pretty much zero good new content on there. When the Streetlights Go On was the only thing to catch my attention but I had to pirate that anyway as there's no chance I'm sitting there watching a show on a 5 inch screen.

So I watched Borat 2 today, it's ok I guess, not as funny as the first although there are still a couple of funny bits.

But, Rudy Guiliani, it sounded bad in the press, and unfortunately it's not much better in the film. It goes from him being supportive to very creepy. I mean he has been set up massively, she keeps touching his leg, she rubs his back at one point, however this does not make his behaviour excusable especially when he knows she's 15.

Borat's Subsequent Moviefilm

My expectations were fairly muted - I mean I really wanted to enjoy it at all costs - but I genuinely hated it. It lacks both the variety show element and Borat's own weird lovability that made the first film so good. I understand he's somewhat backed into a corner with being so recognisable, but it feels like a bit of a bait and switch with how much Borat you actually get. Riffs its main source of humour to death and just comes off as crass, crude and hollow. 

Still, I'm sure most will enjoy it and there's already a premade narrative out there that I'm a beta cuck whose not ready for proper funny shit anymore. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK