UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

• Paid Members

Netflix just added Vertigo, which I'm assuming is a mistake on their part as it was made before 2010. Needless to say it's quite good.

They've also added Psycho - except it's the remake. What is going on.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Knives Out is on Amazon Prime from the 12th June. One of the best films of last year. It's a Rian Johnson Whodunit for gods sake! Anyway, if you missed it, no excuse now, and if you were lucky to have seen it, it holds up for repeat viewings

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They've also added Psycho - except it's the remake. What is going on.

They had the originalPsycho on at Christmas. Think they've got PSYCHI 2 on as well. They seem to lob on a few Hitchcock ones every now and again. Rear Window was on it a few months back.

• Paid Members

Missing Link is good fun. Lots of recognisable names in this animated film. Chris Butler and Travis Knight were involved with the direction. I really enjoyed the animation style used. CGI backgrounds and actual models used for the characters and props. Very high quality stop motion. 

I enjoyed the humour too.

Edited by BigJag

I watched a bit of Mythic Quest on Apple TV and despite it being a little light on laughs I quite enjoyed what I’ve seen so far. It seems incredibly well observed and doesn’t go for the cheap “gamers are basement dwelling geeks” laughs you’d expect an American sitcom to go for.

• Paid Members

The Lovebirds (Netflix)

Enjoyable comedy-thriller. A bit like Game Night but not quite as good. Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani are brilliant and there are some great one-liners. Not enough threat in the support cast and Anna Camp's only in it for about 15 minutes, but well worth the time.

46 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Snapdragon (Prime)

Fuzzy memories of renting this from Blockbuster purely to see Pamela Anderson's boobs.  Pony DTV crime thriller from the time when everything had to link to the orient to give it some intrigue and mystique (white girls are kidnapped to be brainwashed as geisha assassins), but you do get a bit of boob.

There were a few other films in the early 90s (pre-Barb Wire) that the video shops marketed purely on the fact that the boobs were out.  I can't remember though where this ranks in the league table of DTV Anderson Boob-glimpsers.

Barb Wire is one of my guilty pleasures.  I think it’s actually quite fun, I like the reimagining of Casablanca as a dystopia, and I think Pamela does a great job in the role, with a decent supporting cast.

Plus, boobies and the VHS has like another ten minutes of her naked on that swing.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Snapdragon (Prime)

I can't remember though where this ranks in the league table of DTV Anderson Boob-glimpsers.

It's not quite as good as Naked Souls.

If you've got kids in the 5-8 range and you want to watch something with them, (or you're a big Dr Seuss mark), Green Eggs and Ham on Netflix is brilliant. Caught a bit as eldest was watching of her own accord so started watching it from the beginning in the evenings. Tons of fun.