Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

I think the Howard thing is crucial to Jimmy's character and now Kim's. How they view him compared to us. The ending of season 5 leads me to believe that's going to explored next season in a big way

So, how many of us googled "Vintage Chicago Bulls shirt" after watching the first episode of The Last Dance? Appalling the prices of basket ball tops aren't they.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

So, how many of us googled "Vintage Chicago Bulls shirt" after watching the first episode of The Last Dance? Appalling the prices of basket ball tops aren't they.

Nice, but not as nice as the early 90s Hawks tops from this weeks episode. If you're interested, this site (run by the Classic Football Shirts lads) isn't too bad depending on what you're after. https://www.game7sportswear.com/basketball

Still not over how as 11 year olds we all went into Kingston one Saturday and my "mate" Jack bought the last white Rodman whilst I had to make do with an Olajuwon 96 USA top (obviously I don't have it still like all my football shirts). Fuming.

Edited by SuperBacon
forgot the linkage

27 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Get on the old DHGate. They must have some on there. I ordered myself this beaut from there the other day as there are retro shirts aplenty:

resizedcrop-3791961e55d70ba0ea2260be6dd036f5-840x480.jpg.2c8991f0332ed529282e0134113f0623.jpg

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Get on the old DHGate. They must have some on there. I ordered myself this beaut from there the other day as there are retro shirts aplenty:

resizedcrop-3791961e55d70ba0ea2260be6dd036f5-840x480.jpg.2c8991f0332ed529282e0134113f0623.jpg

I would like you to send me the seller link. Thanking you.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I've been after a decent version of that shirt for ages but never been convinced by DH Gate and the likes. If you know a trustworthy seller, please help a brother out. 

On 4/23/2020 at 7:30 PM, Loki said:

Breaking Bad - it seems it's number one on everyone's Greatest Dramas but after two series we just... moved onto something else.

Apologies for replying to an old comment, making my way through the thread and saw this.

I was about to give up on Breaking Bad after the second series, couldn't get my head around the hype at all. But from series 3 it becomes something else. S3 onwards and then into its spinoff, Better Call Saul, there's some of the best television ever made.

I'm not usually one for sitting through hours of TV or movies for the sake of it, but Breaking Bad from 3-5 had me hooked. Watched it for the second time and it was even more enjoyable. Give Series 3 a go and make your mind up after that, you can't really give it a chance until then.

6 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Apologies for replying to an old comment, making my way through the thread and saw this.

I was about to give up on Breaking Bad after the second series, couldn't get my head around the hype at all. But from series 3 it becomes something else. S3 onwards and then into its spinoff, Better Call Saul, there's some of the best television ever made.

I'm not usually one for sitting through hours of TV or movies for the sake of it, but Breaking Bad from 3-5 had me hooked. Watched it for the second time and it was even more enjoyable. Give Series 3 a go and make your mind up after that, you can't really give it a chance until then.

I've heard that before, and it's tempting.  But honestly - unlike some on this forum, I don't have the time to watch half a dozen hours of telly a day (how do you all do it?)  If something's not clicked after 2 series.. nowadays if a series hasn't gripped me after 3 or 4 episodes, I'll stop.  There's just too much other good stuff on.

BBC iPlayer has every episode of Inspector Montalbano on at the moment.  That and the Studio Ghibli back catalogue, that's every Saturday night for the rest of the year right there.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

unlike some on this forum

I know it probably wasn't meant this way, but this comes off as so unintentionally passive aggressive and has made me really laugh.

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I know it probably wasn't meant this way, but this comes off as so unintentionally passive aggressive and has made me really laugh.

That is vintage "I am married to a lady and have an important job unlike the rest of you internet virgins" Loki.

(edit just to say I actually completely agree with the sentiment though. I actually did really try hard to like Breaking Bad and gave it longer than I would give most shows, but I also jacked it in about 2 episodes in to the second series).

Edited by Chest Rockwell

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Heh.  I genuinely don't know how people find the time.  The older I get, the less hours there seem to be in the day.  I've been busier than ever during this pandemic, so yeah - a little jealous of how many series/films you all seem to consume.

EDIT: you gotta let it go, Chest  :)  Whatever it was I did to you, it was so long ago I genuinely don't know what it was but I am sorry anyway! If it makes you feel any better, I'm aware you also are married to a lady, and I presume we all have important jobs now.  Well, apart from David anyway. 

Edited by Loki

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

Heh.  I genuinely don't know how people find the time.  The older I get, the less hours there seem to be in the day.  I've been busier than ever during this pandemic, so yeah - a little jealous of how many series/films you all seem to consume.

EDIT: you gotta let it go, Chest.  Whatever it was I did to you, it was so long ago I genuinely don't know what it was. If it makes you feel any better, I'm aware you also are married to a lady, and I presume we all have important jobs now.  Well, apart from David anyway. 

Depends on what you like doing doesn't it?

I don't really play video games apart from with the kids, I'm not playing football and I'm not watching football (apart from old games) so when the girls are here, once they're sorted in the evening, there's still 4-6 hours left to watch or read something.

When the kids aren't here and I've got no work? Easily could just watch something all day to be honest.

Plus, I fucking LOVE watching TV/films. Genuinely one of my favourite things to do. 

Haha.. It's all good. I say that with no ill will at all Loki. I think it's funny and I don't think you do it on purpose or realise you're doing it, but you do do it.

I understand what Loki's saying as well. I'm fortunate in working from home, so I can whizz through more films and, recently, TV than most. But how are people listening to new albums, packing in a few hours of gaming, working and, in some cases, looking after kids on top of all that? Got to be some Multiplicity shit going on there.

18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

there's still 4-6 hours left to watch or read something.

When the kids aren't here and I've got no work? Easily could just watch something all day to be honest.

Bollocks, you spend all that time on here!