UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

6 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Apologies for replying to an old comment, making my way through the thread and saw this.

I was about to give up on Breaking Bad after the second series, couldn't get my head around the hype at all. But from series 3 it becomes something else. S3 onwards and then into its spinoff, Better Call Saul, there's some of the best television ever made.

I'm not usually one for sitting through hours of TV or movies for the sake of it, but Breaking Bad from 3-5 had me hooked. Watched it for the second time and it was even more enjoyable. Give Series 3 a go and make your mind up after that, you can't really give it a chance until then.

I've heard that before, and it's tempting.  But honestly - unlike some on this forum, I don't have the time to watch half a dozen hours of telly a day (how do you all do it?)  If something's not clicked after 2 series.. nowadays if a series hasn't gripped me after 3 or 4 episodes, I'll stop.  There's just too much other good stuff on.

BBC iPlayer has every episode of Inspector Montalbano on at the moment.  That and the Studio Ghibli back catalogue, that's every Saturday night for the rest of the year right there.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I know it probably wasn't meant this way, but this comes off as so unintentionally passive aggressive and has made me really laugh.

That is vintage "I am married to a lady and have an important job unlike the rest of you internet virgins" Loki.

(edit just to say I actually completely agree with the sentiment though. I actually did really try hard to like Breaking Bad and gave it longer than I would give most shows, but I also jacked it in about 2 episodes in to the second series).

Edited by Chest Rockwell

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I know it probably wasn't meant this way, but this comes off as so unintentionally passive aggressive and has made me really laugh.

Heh.  I genuinely don't know how people find the time.  The older I get, the less hours there seem to be in the day.  I've been busier than ever during this pandemic, so yeah - a little jealous of how many series/films you all seem to consume.

EDIT: you gotta let it go, Chest  :)  Whatever it was I did to you, it was so long ago I genuinely don't know what it was but I am sorry anyway! If it makes you feel any better, I'm aware you also are married to a lady, and I presume we all have important jobs now.  Well, apart from David anyway. 

Edited by Loki

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

Heh.  I genuinely don't know how people find the time.  The older I get, the less hours there seem to be in the day.  I've been busier than ever during this pandemic, so yeah - a little jealous of how many series/films you all seem to consume.

EDIT: you gotta let it go, Chest.  Whatever it was I did to you, it was so long ago I genuinely don't know what it was. If it makes you feel any better, I'm aware you also are married to a lady, and I presume we all have important jobs now.  Well, apart from David anyway. 

Depends on what you like doing doesn't it?

I don't really play video games apart from with the kids, I'm not playing football and I'm not watching football (apart from old games) so when the girls are here, once they're sorted in the evening, there's still 4-6 hours left to watch or read something.

When the kids aren't here and I've got no work? Easily could just watch something all day to be honest.

Plus, I fucking LOVE watching TV/films. Genuinely one of my favourite things to do. 

• Paid Members

I understand what Loki's saying as well. I'm fortunate in working from home, so I can whizz through more films and, recently, TV than most. But how are people listening to new albums, packing in a few hours of gaming, working and, in some cases, looking after kids on top of all that? Got to be some Multiplicity shit going on there.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

there's still 4-6 hours left to watch or read something.

When the kids aren't here and I've got no work? Easily could just watch something all day to be honest.

Bollocks, you spend all that time on here!

Barely having a social life and hardly ever going out gives me, I mean people, plenty of time to rattle through TV shows. 

Plus being able to listen to what I want during work gives me 8 or 9 hours a day to listen to music, audiobooks and podcasts. In a normal day I’ll rattle through about 6 or 7 podcast episodes as well as a couple of new albums released the week before. If I’m running low on podcasts I’ll catch up on some audiobooks which I probably average one every week-10 days or so. 

16 hours ago, Factotum said:

As someone who has only a passing interest in Basketball I am fucking loving THE LAST DANCE

It's so great. My biggest disappointment is that they don't give Rodman more profile and Jordan a little less. There's a great documentary about how Jordan transformed the commercial aspect of sport to be made but as the focal point of the show he's a little dull. 

I could definitely watch him dunk for infinity.