UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

It’s was announced last night that ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia’ has been renewed for 4 more seasons.

I’m in the planning stages of doing a podcast about the show next year (@sunnydopcast) so that was good news to wake up to! 

52322160-5ADC-433C-8D8F-D6D571F6FD81.jpeg

They’ll be giving Last of the Summer Wine a run for it’s money at this rate. 

I’m only half way through the series at this point but (plastic surgery aside) I imagine age can only make Dennis better/more creepy as a character.

A Christmas Gift from Bob is on Amazon Prime now after a brief pay window. I know my kids liked the first one so should keep them quiet for a bit.

Also just finished The Queens Gambit on Netflix which was a wonderful period piece. There's just something about the way she stares at you. An incredibly gripping show considering it's about chess.

• Paid Members

Regarding Always Sunny, Glenn Howerton and Kaitlin Olson clearly having plastic surgery has actually added to the characters for me, as unintentional as that may be. Dennis and Dee are exactly the kind of vain superficial people who would have surgery to cling onto their youth but never tell the rest of the group. A mate of mine said he's not keen on the newer episodes as he finds their changing appearances distracting which is madness to me - god knows what he thought when Mac got fat or when Cricket shows up.

I finished Gangs Of London yesterday. It's daft as fuck and Joe Cole is a bit rubbish but the action scenes are excellent and it's brilliantly violent. Episode 5 in particular is a highlight. EDIT Dunno why I put this in the Netflix/Amazon thread but all of telly merges into one for me, sorry.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members

I wasn't sure where to post this but could anyone point me in the direction of Bill Bailey Part Troll streaming online? I've looked everywhere I can think of and I'm even willing to pay for it. It's like it doesn't exist.

7 minutes ago, DEF said:

I wasn't sure where to post this but could anyone point me in the direction of Bill Bailey Part Troll streaming online? I've looked everywhere I can think of and I'm even willing to pay for it. It's like it doesn't exist.

Only results I can find are iTunes and Daily Motion.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Only results I can find are iTunes and Daily Motion.

Yeah me to. Unfortunately neither work. iTunes isn't actually available for purchase best I can tell and Dailymotion isn't the full show.

• Paid Members
On 12/11/2020 at 11:04 AM, Lorne Malvo said:

but the action scenes are excellent and it's brilliantly violent

The action scenes completely took me by surprise, they were ace. Wasn't expecting anything that high budget. The fight scenes are ridiculously OTT, but in a good way. 

And you're dead right- episode 5 is the standout episode by far. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

@DEF I know you said about wanting it streaming, but if you were willing to wait and buy it on DVD, you can get it used from Amazon for £2.78 posted. 

Cheers, I'm abit reluctant to do that because I already have it but it's in one of many boxes, amoung literally thousands of DVDs and I was hoping to get it watched tonight or tomorrow. Still it might ultimately be the way to go.

Edited by DEF