WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Miz to replace Bryan in poor taste worked shoot angle...

Accompanied by his wife, "Riyadh" Maryse. Presenting the new WWE quiz segment, "Let's Mecca Deal".

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
13 hours ago, DCW said:

Twitter rumours that Bryan & Cena are refusing to go too. I'd believe Bryan being reluctant, Cena refusing to go has to be bollocks though. He bleeds WWE!

Aside from Cena trying to move more into the mainstream, I can't help but remember how wooden and uncomfortable his promo was on the last Saudi show. It felt like it was delivered under duress. Cena's spoken in the past about what a positive influence his gay brother has been on him, and his performance on the Saudi show felt like an obvious "doing it for the company, but reluctantly" moment. His brother is also a vocal critic of Trump, and of his connections to Saudi Arabia.

First time around, Cena might have been able to convince himself of the "bringing Western culture to the masses" WWE mission, but now, perhaps not. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Aside from Cena trying to move more into the mainstream, I can't help but remember how wooden and uncomfortable his promo was on the last Saudi show. It felt like it was delivered under duress. Cena's spoken in the past about what a positive influence his gay brother has been on him, and his performance on the Saudi show felt like an obvious "doing it for the company, but reluctantly" moment. His brother is also a vocal critic of Trump, and of his connections to Saudi Arabia.

First time around, Cena might have been able to convince himself of the "bringing Western culture to the masses" WWE mission, but now, perhaps not. 

Let's not pretend that it's Trump's connections with Saudi Arabia. It's the United States connections with Saudi Arabia. The relationship between those countries preceded Trump, and will long outlast his term in office.

Trumps predecessor authorized more arms exports to Saudi Arabia than any President before him, and whoever follows the Donald will continue the business pipeline.

Apparently the company are expected to make a decision either later tonight or tomorrow US time as to wether the show goes ahead, the back up plan since the storm brewed was to have DX/BoD, Bryan/Styles and what's now Strowman/Lesnar take place at Survivor Series instead if they have to cancel or be unable to switch venues

Saw this on one of the "newz sites" earlier...

NewAgeInsiders.com has learned from a reliable source that WWE has settled on a new venue to hold the upcoming Crown Jewel pay-per-view, and tickets are likely to go on sale at the end of this week. The heavy implication from our source is that the event will be held in the US, with signs pointing to Albany, New York as the likely landing spot. An announcement in the very near future is likely, as the event as scheduled is only 10 days away.

Probably bollocks, but how much better would the Strowman/Brock, AJ/Bryan & DX/TBOD matches be in front of a New York crowd instead of that one in Saudi Arabia ?

8 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I know Vince is doing these shows for the big money. But with XFL back in the next year or two is this him trying to open more doors for with that in mind? You could see them probably doing XFL over there a few times a season for silly money. 

Does Saudi Arabia love american football then?

Apparently, in an interview with the Orlando Sentinel (not available in EU, presumable due to data regs), Hogan is gonna be at Crown Jewel. Well I suppose if you're gonna throw money at people, why not? If you're gonna attract bad press, why not?

Betting odds seem to show Strowman as the likely winner. Other reports seem to say that unless WWE pay Lesnar the biggest sums he's ever had then the belt will likely be going to Braun. Surely no one wants another Lesnar run? I just hope that if Braun does finally win, that he gets a decent long run and doesn't end up having to hot shot the belt to McIntyre a few weeks later. Should we expect a screwy finish? I can't see Lesnar laying down for 3 count with a return to UFC coming up soon. 

All signs point towards Drew being added to the title match, or at the very least being Braun's first title feud.  If you're going to build a promotion around someone in Roman's absence it's Drew. Great look, good worker, can talk. Braun doesn't really need the belt, and Bork's doing his MMA stuff. Drew's your man. 

Can you imagine coaxing HBK out of retirement promising a big pay day only for it to be a shit tag match in Albany, New York? 

Archived