WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I'm assuming they're just waiting for something else to dominate the news cycle and for all this to blow over, but I had wondered if they might just go ahead with the show and not put it on the Network to try and minimise the negative publicity. But given that so much of the Greatest Royal Rumble was built around propaganda aimed at the Western market, I can't imagine Saudi Arabia would be happy with this show not fulfilling that part of the deal, particularly when they're in dire need of positive propaganda right now.

Seeing as Crown Jewel is still happening, I can't see WWE pulling it from the Network. It's a big deal with some huge names on the card and a lot of fans would be very disappointed if only the live audience ever got to see it. Especially as it's already been advertised for weeks (that would feel like a proper tease). Plus it's actually being shown as a pay per view in some parts of the world so there's even more money to be made. Vince doesn't care about morals and ethics. He proved that during the Attitude Era. This event is happening people.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Plenty of rumours buzzing around yesterday that the Crown Prince is now interested in buying Man Utd. Christ, imagine that. The journos must be shitting themselves if that happens, pray for Duncan Castles.

Imagine that? WWE and Man United. All they need to do now is acquire the exclusive rights to wanking, and I'll have to buy myself a turban and some sandals.

• Paid Members

Heels on Raw to wear fetching new sky blue ring attire. Shield to be repackaged in red. "The overrun" now to be affectionately titled "Fergie time" on comms.

The fact that WWE would take a massive financial hit by pulling the show is in no way mitigating from an ethics/PR perspective, as they walked into this situation with their eyes wide open.

Losing their arse obviously makes it less likely they'll ever cancel, but it doesn't mean "ah, well, it's understandable I suppose" if they don't.

4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I remember Rob Van Dam saying that appearing on tribute for the troops was "optional" but when he said he said he didn't want to go he got loads of heat for it.

I was totally with him on that one. I wouldn’t want to risk getting myself blown up in the middle of a war zone either.

Regarding being in Saudi Arabia though, I think most people seem to abandon their principles when they’re earning a good living and just do what the boss wants them to do.

they could postpone and have the event another time in Saudi 

Moving too Manchester or wherever will be a logistic nightmare as they would have to sort out ticket sales/arena layouts/refunds for Saudi ticket holders etc

we could get Crown Jewel Manchester with a lesser card not including HBK/Taker//Cena/Brock/Rey etc. We could get Triple H vs Kane as the main event, Dogs of war vs Shield, some Womens matches added to the card etc

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, LCJ said:

I was totally with him on that one. I wouldn’t want to risk getting myself blown up in the middle of a war zone either.

Here's the quote they published on F4W, if interested ;

"I don't feel obligated to go somewhere that I don't want to go. I really don't enjoy flying anyway. To get on a, what, a 20 hour flight on a flying warehouse that might not even have a bathroom or seats, or whatever, to go to a desert and wrestle, which by the way, I had no passion for and was only doing out of business. To do that voluntarily in a war zone to entertain those troops? I never felt the obligation."

Archived