WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

I remember reading a Michaels interview a while back and he mentioned how much he loves his music and how it gets him pumped up, so he's always insisted he kept it no matter how silly it seems.

Poor fella looks pretty rough but Taker is hilariously only 4 months older than Michaels. I think he could pass for someone in their mid sixties. Even with a year preparation between matches he cant count calories for a few months and lose the gut?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/9ua3yy/shawn_telling_hunter_at_crown_jewel_were_too_old/

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Now that we've seen the 2018 version of Shawn Michaels, does anyone still want to see him having dream matches with the likes of Rollins, AJ or Daniel Bryan? It was hard to tell considering how bad everyone else in that tag match looked, and Shawn definitely looked the best of all of them out there, but nothing he did suggested he'd be able to keep up with the current crop of lads.

• Awards Moderator
43 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Now that we've seen the 2018 version of Shawn Michaels, does anyone still want to see him having dream matches with the likes of Rollins, AJ or Daniel Bryan? It was hard to tell considering how bad everyone else in that tag match looked, and Shawn definitely looked the best of all of them out there, but nothing he did suggested he'd be able to keep up with the current crop of lads.

Now that Iā€™ve seen him, I canā€™t say it appeals any more. They might still be good matches but nothing about what he did last week led me to believe they definitely would be, so Iā€™d rather they didnā€™t take the risk. A disappointing one match novelty comeback can be written off, but a disappointing full comeback run would be much sadder.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Michaels/Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Tie off that story, keeps them both busy without messing with the full-timers, gives them a big match in the absence of Roman Reigns and potentially Triple H and Brock Lesnar. May also be a way to let Michaels keep his promise to 'Taker of being his last match, too.

Surely at this point Taker must be thinking it is time to step away. He just looks like a bumbling old man now. Is there even anyone remotely interested in seeing HBK/Taker now? You would have to imagine it would be Shawn bumping around as Taker hits his spots which is ridiculous really.Ā 

I have said it before but after the streak ended they should have really morphed him into the ageing gun slinger type gimmick. I feel there would have been a lot more good will toward him at this point if he was portraying the old man who has one last fight in him.Ā 

8 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Surely at this point Taker must be thinking it is time to step away. He just looks like a bumbling old man now. Is there even anyone remotely interested in seeing HBK/Taker now? You would have to imagine it would be Shawn bumping around as Taker hits his spots which is ridiculous really.Ā 

It will probably be the smoke and mirrors though. Kane to interfere, DX to interfere etc. The entrances and stare down alone will probably be 10-15 minutes, they will somehow keep it short & sweet.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

It will probably be the smoke and mirrors though. Kane to interfere, DX to interfere etc. The entrances and stare down alone will probably be 10-15 minutes, they will somehow keep it short & sweet.

Not exactly the thought process I imagine from the people who saw how poor the Reigns match was last year and yet still asked him to do 30 minutes twice this year.

There is no way a Taker match is incentive to watch Mania anymore. Yeah an appearance may pull in a few more views but anyone who is clamouring for a match at this point is surely seeing through rose tinted glasses.Ā 

Let him wobble out and say a proper goodbye. You get the Taker entrance which letā€™s be honest is all he is good for now. If you want to create an iconic moment have Sting come out and they can do a rueful ā€˜maybe in another lifetime type nod to each otherā€™

Cena went above and aboard last Mania for Taker and it was what it was. But thereā€™s no one else that could challenge him at this point and gain any credibility by beating him. 50 year old HBK beat him and his brother without little help from his mate the other week.Ā 

Now takers clearly past it, they could do with a multiman ā€œdadsā€ match like they have on the big new Japan shows to get the old legends who still wanna suit up in action to let fans see them, but requires minimal effortĀ 

But use them to give the new generation the rub. Have Undisputed Era put away Taker,Kane,HBK and another old timer with credibility. People can moan about the size of the new lot but that is the way the business is going, at least give them the tools to make an impact. If they drop the ball going forward then thatā€™s on them.Ā 

Archived