Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Coming back from the match last weekend, ended up in Wetherby, went to a chippy called The Frying Pan. 

Got a Special and Chips. 

A special is basically an extra large haddock. Bloody gorgeous though. Chippy I'd highly recommend, shame it's so far away from home. 

• Paid Members

67955082_2485639594999088_61387479524594

Got a chippy tonight - this one has a great reputation to the point that it won the award for best chippy in Scotland last year.

Pros - Fish is enormous, an absolute leviathan

- Chips are the bollocks

- All fish is made to order and it tastes phenomenal. 

Cons - While there's way more chips than can be seen in the picture underneath the massive fish, still way too few chips

• Paid Members

Bloody hell and I thought my local chippy was stingy with the chips. Fish looks great but I'd be heartbroken if I got that home to find those chips. That's disgraceful.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'm calling bollocks that fucking London has one of the best chippies in the UK. Proper bullshit.

I used to work around the corner from Mickey's in Paddington. They have a sign in the window as recommended by Heston Blumenthal on BBC 2. The truth was, he filmed in there, probably based on location. It was shit. That said, Sutton's is often lauded as one of the best so I wouldn't write it off. But in general, London Chippys are shit.

• Paid Members

There were at least double the ones seen there underneath the fish. Chips made up for in quality what they lacked in abundance and I'm quite enjoying the sensation of feeling like I'm still able to move after a chippy.  Feeling nicely full instead of uncomfortably stuffed. 

• Awards Moderator
17 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I used to work around the corner from Mickey's in Paddington. They have a sign in the window as recommended by Heston Blumenthal on BBC 2. The truth was, he filmed in there, probably based on location. 

Being a Heston nerd I looked into why he went to that restaurant, as he's pretty principled about his research. 

For the making of In Search of Perfection (fish and chips), he wanted to interview David Blagden, fishmonger to the Queen. He wanted advice on which fish fried best, how to prep it, which cut to use. He gave him that advice but under the proviso he did a segment in David's own London chip shop. It probably isn't a great chippy, but that's how he got the advice. 

Chippy tea thread had its first birthday yesterday. Each plate still looks and tastes great. Looking at piles of brown food never gets old! 

22 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

67955082_2485639594999088_61387479524594

Got a chippy tonight - this one has a great reputation to the point that it won the award for best chippy in Scotland last year.

Pros - Fish is enormous, an absolute leviathan

- Chips are the bollocks

- All fish is made to order and it tastes phenomenal. 

Cons - While there's way more chips than can be seen in the picture underneath the massive fish, still way too few chips

E7Y5tnh.jpg

Chips! 1, 2, 3.....8 of them!

Edited by WyattSheepMask