Chippy Tea

Onyx2

Outside of Edinburgh and southern Fife I’m not sure this is even a thing, but my go to would be chips, salt and sauce.

For the uninitiated ‘salt and sauce’ isn’t what it sounds like (salt and ketchup is what I’d guess most would think)

Every Edinburgh chippy will know what you’re after when you ask for this, it’s a sauce that is basically a mix between brown sauce and vinegar. And it’s delightful. 

Fuck your haggis and your deep fried mars bar. This is the Scottish cuisine to try.

Salt and Sauce is an abomination. Cheap brown sauce watered down with Vinegar and achieving the goal of neither. A low point of my 6 years in Edinburgh, was delighted to head back North where it's Salt and Vinegar like a normal'un.

4 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Yeah, sauce watered down with vinegar is shite,. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s shite. It needs to be combined with slightly shitty chips too. When you do that it somehow turns into something majestic.

...OK, I’m exaggerating but it really hits the spot on the way back from a night out.