Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I thought that was relatively well known. A fair few of the famous British sweet sauces/pickles have tamarind in them - Worcester Sauce and Branston Pickle have it too.

EDIT: @Gus Mears - my local Sainsbury's stocks imported tamarind, so check yours.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

EDIT: @Gus Mears - my local Sainsbury's stocks imported tamarind, so check yours.

Already got some but thanks for the tip! My Aunt, bizarrely, is one the UK's foremost experts on Asian vegetables and spices and sends me occasional care packages of rarely used/interesting cooking ingredients. Few months ago she sent me a big block of what looked like hash but turned out to be solid tamarind. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Gus Mears said:

Already got some but thanks for the tip! My Aunt, bizarrely, is one the UK's foremost experts on Asian vegetables and spices and sends me occasional care packages of rarely used/interesting cooking ingredients. Few months ago she sent me a big block of what looked like hash but turned out to be solid tamarind. 

Hahaha, it's much better that way, instead of constantly risking breaking your teeth on the hard-as-fuck seeds. My family in Mauritius has a tree in the yard, so whenever anyone we know comes over to the UK, they bring wrapped parcels of tamarinds from there with them. My dad usually scoffs most of them within the week.

6 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Should’ve smoked it, like when we thought we could get high off nutmeg when we were younger.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I used to despise Diet Coke. After a year of it, I can't understand why anyone would drink full sugar soft drinks. They're evil.

In fairness, I prefer Sprite Zero to the regular one, but I still wouldn't drink it with a chippy tea. Vimto every time.