Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, ultimo the great said:

The Kingfisher at the half demolished stretford arndale (no i'll never say mall)

It's still there? Superb, always nice to know the old good chippies are still about.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It's still there? Superb, always nice to know the old good chippies are still about.

Sort of, they've moved to just around the corner near Pure Gym. No other decent chippy around. a local chinese do fish and chips but use fries. nope not for me. There's not that many that deliver here either. the already mentioned in the thread Baths Supper Bar (incredible chips) used to but stopped šŸ˜’

• Paid Members

The Kingfisher lives!!! Ā Nice to know, used to work in the Arndale and it was a regular Friday treat. Ā Not sure where you are based, but Charlieā€™s Chippy in Urmston is fucking awesome.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Chips look amazing. I presume this was taken at the weekend and isn't your Monday morning breakfast??

Yep taken on Friday, although to be fair I would quite happily have had it for breakfast this morning. Cracking chips.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Rey_Piste said:

Do you know what chippy it was? I am going there at the weekend and was wondering if it was one of the restaurants by the harbour.

Not 100% sure, was one of the ones up near Babbacombe, as we were staying up that way. The ones in the harbour looked nice though!Ā 

Otto man, that's no chippy, that's a fish restaurant that delivers surely!

For comparison, nearest chippy to me is Ā£7Ā for cod and chips, stretching to Ā£9 for a large rock and large chips. Chinese "chippy" similar. Charging Ā£18 for fish and chips is bloody robbery.

• Paid Members

That looks suspiciously like a grab from Deliveroo though? So the prices are going to be inflated. Tell me if I'm wrong @Otto Dem Wanz

Although you're still looking at over the odds.

Edited by air_raid