Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Wouldn't 4 rounds of Warburton's be 8 slices? 8 slices of thick sliced bread on top of that is a Herculean effort.

Edit: I've opened a can of worms here. The fuck is a 'round'. I know it as a slice but I checked before posting and the internet says two slices. Stunned by this since posting, ive checked further and it's the wild west out there. Nobody seems to agree.Ā 

Edited by Chunk

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

In my house a round is a slice as in one piece of bread asĀ in one half of a sandwich as in if you had a loaf of bread and sliced a piece off it would be one round. Hope that clears it up.

Your house is wrong sir

• Paid Members

This is opening around the corner from my office today:

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/17702025.national-fish-and-chip-museum-opens-in-york/

Ā Sadly won't be trying today (missing their offer of full portions of fish & chips at Victorian equivalent price of, yes, FOUR PENCE), but will reportĀ back when I do.

(Fairly certain they won't have a wing of the museum dedicated to kebabs...)

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Where did you get that from?

The two locals round here are both total shit at the moment, I've been going all the way to Cheadle to get mine.

Heaton Moor Chippy. Ā Iā€™d just been to the Guide Hall. Ā It was very nice to be fair.

19 hours ago, Chunk said:

Wouldn't 4 rounds of Warburton's be 8 slices? 8 slices of thick sliced bread on top of that is a Herculean effort.

Edit: I've opened a can of worms here. The fuck is a 'round'. I know it as a slice but I checked before posting and the internet says two slices. Stunned by this since posting, ive checked further and it's the wild west out there. Nobody seems to agree.Ā 

ā€˜Twas indeed 4 slices.

6 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't know (or care) what a round is but it never occured to me for even a second that he'd eaten 8 slices of bread.

To be fair, I am a bread monster so you wouldnā€™t be too far wrong accusing me of downing 8 slices.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Heaton Moor Chippy. Ā Iā€™d just been to the Guide Hall. Ā It was very nice to be fair.

ā€˜Twas indeed 4 slices.

To be fair, I am a bread monster so you wouldnā€™t be too far wrong accusing me of downing 8 slices.

To be fair during my dissertation year, the SU bar I worked in refused to serve me for a week as all I ate was bread and butter as I just love bread. Its probably the main reason I can't do keto and am building a solid block of yeast in my stomach.Ā 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I had one from there last week and it was shite. Might give them a second throw.

• Paid Members

Last Friday I took my good lady toĀ Cartmel as we were going for a restaurant meal on the Saturday and we stopped by a chippy that got good reviews on TripAdvisor.Ā We hadĀ cod and chips, scampi, and when I asked for curry sauce they asked if I wanted if I wanted ā€œchip shop or homemadeā€ I simply had to choose homemade. The scampi was decent, the fish really good, the chips had a really good flavour that reminded me of childhood chippy trips and the curry was superb, really thick and spicy. An amazing trip. Also loved the newspaper wrap, great touch.

C01E3702-8320-4EE2-9003-898D08497E24.jpeg

17919329-0CFD-449F-B11A-6AC80AF819FA.jpeg

4EE0D198-21AE-49EE-B620-B4D2A0CAF100.jpeg

176F96AB-8202-4A4B-B049-85A78FF837A5.jpeg

15 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

the SUļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ bar I worked in refused to serve me for a week asļ»æ ļ»æall I ate was bread and butter as I just love bread

I feel like Iā€™m missing something here. Why did they stop serving you because you kept eating bread?