Chippy Tea

Onyx2

20190621_183225

Made good on my promise to myself to have a cracking chippy tea while the missus is away. What you see there is a Crunchy Box. 1/4 Pizza crunch, battered burger, battered sausage, chips and a tub of curry sauce. The sugary soft drink is absolutely not there just for display and to be replaced by a diet alternative after the photo was taken. No, sir. 

• Paid Members

I almost plumped for an Irn-Bru myself but I like to look after my pearly whites. Agree with Rick, once you go diet, you don’t go back. 

Still partial to a San Pelegrino actually but I’d have, quite rightly, been laughed out this thread had I posted that with a chippy.

32 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Still partial to a San Pelegrino actually but I’d have, quite rightly, been laughed out this thread had I posted that with a chippy.

That beverage is acceptable only if your chips were triple cooked and served in a mini fucking fryer or shopping trolley, and cost you at least a fiver.

• Paid Members

I honestly prefer Diet Coke.  Has a bit more of an edge to it than normal.  I agree that Dandilion And Burdock goes with a chippy tea just as well as Mango Rubicon goes with a chicken kebab.

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I used to despise Diet Coke. After a year of it, I can't understand why anyone would drink full sugar soft drinks. They're evil.

I always figure that sugar may be bad for me...but I know what it does and I know what it will do to me. So do all the Doctors after hundreds of years of humans consuming it for them to research. Nobody really knows for sure yet what aspartame will do to me though.

18 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

That's a saveloy isn't it? I feel I will not have completed my chippy tea journey until I have sampled one of these. I'm in Blackpool for a week in July, will I find them there? 

I would imagine so. Love a big saveloy (kennethwilliams.jpg)