Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I wish more places around my way did a small chips portion. As long time readers will know my chippy refuses to sell kids portions to adults.

I have had to order my Nan an OAP cod and chips meal on occasion.

She died in 1991

4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I wish more places around my way did a small chips portion. As long time readers will know my chippy refuses to sell kids portions to adults.

So a child has to order the chips to get them? They won’t sell a children’s meal to you? Chip Nazis 

• Moderators

I don't know how strictly it is enforced, but the guy is a grumpy sod anyway so I don't want to risk angering him because it's a great and very conveniently located chippy. I have once fraudulently ordered a child portion as part of my order over the phone and I wasn't questioned when collecting it. I think it would be different and much more suspicious though if the only portion of chips ordered was a child portion with a large adult fish.

On the subject of arsey chippy owners there's a chippy called The Frying Scotsman where I used to live about 10 years ago in Glasgow and I've only ever known the owner to employ female staff. I don't know if it's because he speaks to them like shit the majority of the time and feels he may be less likely to get away with speaking to people who weren't teenage girls like that.

Anyway, any time I or anyone else would order a large bag of chips he would shout..."a large bag feeds a family of four" from the back. I don't know why but he always seems pissed off to sell large bags.

Firstly, it definitely wouldn't unless they had particularly small appetites. Secondly, on more than one occasion I've said "oh in that case i'll need two large bags please".