Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Delivered?  

Are you some kind of southerner or something?

Fucking hell, who is against getting food delivered? That's the ultimate takeaway because you haven't even had to leave the house! Don't you have Just Eat, Deliveroo or Ubereats past the Watford Gap or something?

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Not just a morning, but a monday morning.

Oh, come on! It's a totally valid criti....

17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Fucking hell, who is against getting food delivered? That's the ultimate takeaway because you haven't even had to leave the house! Don't you have Just Eat, Deliveroo or Ubereats past the Watford Gap or something?

... oh. Nevermind. As you were.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

It's unusual for a chippy though. I've never had a traditional chippy delivered, never had the option. I imagine those non-chippies that do kebab meats and chicken wings do.

Most of ours around my part of Essex are either on a Just Eat type service or have their own delivery drivers. Both Traditional and those who apparently aren't if they serve some kind of kebab as well.

• Moderators

But for me one of the best things about  chippy chips is getting them wrapped and then by the time I get them home they 'sweat' a bit in the bag which gives them the unique chippy chips texture that I love. Too long and they'd be ruined though, I suppose, so that might be the risk with a delivery driver.

• Paid Members

I’ve never had that issue. They normally only have a couple of deliveries at a time so from the food going into their insulated bag to getting to you will be about 20 minutes at most. That’s what I’ve seen while I’ve been in there. I’ve never had a bad delivery chippy yet

• Paid Members

Deliver me a pizza, deliver me a chinese, and deliver me an indian takeaway but a chippy, no chance. From wrapped and paid for to unwrapped and started to be eaten needs to be 5 minutes max. Any longer than that and the chips would get far to sweaty. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

But for me one of the best things about  chippy chips is getting them wrapped and then by the time I get them home they 'sweat' a bit in the bag which gives them the unique chippy chips texture that I love. Too long and they'd be ruined though, I suppose, so that might be the risk with a delivery driver.

There are some takeaways that survive the delivery process better than others. I don't think chippy is one of them but I don't want it soggy. Nando's is another that doesn't fare well but I guess it can also depend on how near your nearest or chosen place is. With pizzas and Chinese, it's always alright.