Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Honestly, the happiest I've ever seen my Dad was when he walked through the door with two bags of chippy tea for all the family, grinning from ear to ear, because after more than a decade of living in Jersey, he'd finally found a chippy that did scraps.

You lot would have a shit fit down south. All the scraps are just thrown in the bin. No selling of scraps past the Watford gap

I’m boycotting my chippy as I got a small chips and saveloy with a can of Coke last night and got home to discover a Coca Cola LIGHT which is practically Diet Coke.

Ironically I watched The Serenity Now episode of Seinfeld whilst watching it, but even screaming “serenity now” couldn’t alter my foul mood. Was fuming. 

• Paid Members

That' pretty true Pat.

The only place I have ever seen scraps as an item on a menu was in Yorkshire area chippys.I had to ask my Uncle what it was as this was a good 25 years ago now. Still never tried them though, but intrigued to just because they are so beloved.

• Paid Members

Took Mrs raid to Aberystwyth for Bank Holiday weekend and like anyone aiming to get the best out of a sunny weekend in Ceredigion , took her and the pooch out to Ynylas and on the way back observed the long held tradition of a stop in Borth on the way back 100% for chips. Place was rammed as per normal but worth the wait. Fish n chips, scampi, curry sauce and gravy smashed with aplomb. Plus a battered Mars bar for no other reason than to compare to the one we had in Edinburgh. It was better.

9A8A1CBE-B4AC-4BD7-912D-F7BD0B1244D9.jpeg