Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Is there a correlation between your inability to wipe your arse and being from Manchester?

No problems wiping my arse at all sunshine.  I use the scalps of soft southern bastards, and it comes off a treat.

• 4 weeks later...

@Devon Malcolm Grandads fish and chips is average at best and should be called Grandads Brexit cafe. Astro Hollywood could have a miserable field day/multiple books with what we overheard. 

Apologies for no pictures but we probably would have been lynched if we tried, the daggers we got for speaking between English and Polish could have killed us alone.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Rule One said:

@Devon Malcolm Grandads fish and chips is average at best and should be called Grandads Brexit cafe. Astro Hollywood could have a miserable field day/multiple books with what we overheard. 

Apologies for no pictures but we probably would have been lynched if we tried, the daggers we got for speaking between English and Polish could have killed us alone.

I actually walked past it today while quite hungry but wasn't at all tempted.

I notice Reggie's in the bus station seems to have closed down recently, that somehow managed to look 10 times grimmer than Grandad's. Stockport town centre desperately needs a decent chippy.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I actually walked past it today while quite hungry but wasn't at all tempted.

I notice Reggie's in the bus station seems to have closed down recently, that somehow managed to look 10 times grimmer than Grandad's. Stockport town centre desperately needs a decent chippy.

It had gained an international food-stall court the last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago. Between that and the vegan hot dog I had in the pub next door, it was like I hadn't left London.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It had gained an international food-stall court the last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago. Between that and the vegan hot dog I had in the pub next door, it was like I hadn't left London.

It's undergoing a lot of renovation to tie in with the massive transport hub they're building so food-wise it's definitely improving.

• Paid Members

Stockport used to have cracking chippys on the other side, on the road under the market bridge.  Been past Grandads but it looks like a meeting place for Adswoods finest.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Stockport used to have cracking chippys on the other side, on the road under the market bridge. 

There is one still there but the last time I went, a couple of years ago, it was dreadful. Might be worth a revisit.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There is one still there but the last time I went, a couple of years ago, it was dreadful. Might be worth a revisit.

Don’t.  It’s still shite.  Stockport in general upsets me, a ghost of what it was.