Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Down in London today seeing clients and one of the girls insisted we go to some supposedly cool and super-nice eat-in chippy as she reckons it’s the best she’s ever had. Told her I’d go along because I have high chippy standards. Obviously, the real reason was because a load of strangers on the internet like to compare photos of their tea. Either way, I was dubious going in but ordered a familiar friend:

D88AC1F2-A38C-48DE-9D69-6C002A60BFCD.thumb.jpeg.2839ae2c7a92b10f73941d9f4c0ccae0.jpeg

Honestly, it was delicious. Chips were cooked a little less than I’d have liked and a few more wouldn’t have gone amiss, but the sausages were perfect and the mushy peas were devine. They even did gravy. In London! It may be one of the nicest chi...

27E4F91F-5933-4675-9304-9474D43A229F.thumb.jpeg.64715565f9ff0981845075ce04d3a666.jpeg

It was shite. 0/10.

• Paid Members

Fucking Victorian Lemonade? Is it owned by Rees Mogg?

Actually, looking at the prices, I guess I have answered my own question.

Just for clarity's sake, as a near to Londoner, that is not typical of the standards we do get down here.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Diet Coke???

For shame...

Don't be too harsh, the sugar tax is probably an extra tenner in that place!

• Paid Members

Mayfair is one of those places that, unless people experience it for themselves, they won't believe you when you tell them what a fucked-up place it is. We all know how expensive London is; Mayfair isn't just ultra-expensive, it's virtually designed to attract the super- and ultra-rich, and put off ordinary people from setting foot in there. Horrible place. Even the pigeons look at you like you're trash.