Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

But for me one of the best things about  chippy chips is getting them wrapped and then by the time I get them home they 'sweat' a bit in the bag which gives them the unique chippy chips texture that I love. Too long and they'd be ruined though, I suppose, so that might be the risk with a delivery driver.

I'll put my money where my mouth is.

Chest if you find a chippy, local to you that you like, which offers delivery. I will order you one chippy tea as long as you review it on here.

• Paid Members

Chippy teas are special.  Going to the chippy is an event.  The smell as you approach.  Seeing the fish in the warmer, hoping you get the big one.  The sound of the chips rustling in the basket.  The cheeky scallop on the way home.  You dont get any of that with Just eat.  

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I'll put my money where my mouth is.

Chest if you find a chippy, local to you that you like, which offers delivery. I will order you one chippy tea as long as you review it on here.

He’ll have your address then.  It will be like What About Bob.

I’ve never had or seen a chippy that delivers. Although I don’t think I’ve ever lived anywhere that’s more than a 2 minute walk from a chippy. 

Are there really places that aren’t within walking distance of one? I thought chippys were what town planners used to create towns and cities. They were originally built on ley lines and then roads were built to join them all up. 

1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

Chippy teas are special.  Going to the chippy is an event.  The smell as you approach.  Seeing the fish in the warmer, hoping you get the big one.  The sound of the chips rustling in the basket.  The cheeky scallop on the way home.  You dont get any of that with Just eat.  

“Small boys in the park. Chippy teas for goalposts” 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

The reason I don't order a chippy via Just Eat is the price.  It's about double for a bag of chips and even at those prices I never meet the required minimum amount.

Mine normally wack on a delivery charge, or 50p an item compared to store price I suppose as a way to make up from the % that Just Eat take.

Minimum spend for my local is about £8.00, which is a Cod and Chips anyway. You northerners have it lucky with your prices

Edited by Hannibal Scorch