WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

So Enfield huh? Sweet, that's not far from me. I might dust off the old Trace kneepads and show HBK what's what.

Come on @Carbomb, it'll be like the good old days!

Hahaha, YEAHHHHHH SELL IT - I'll dust off my old athlete's singlet and wow people with my dodgy chain wrestling and even dodgier forearms. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

Wasnt Enfield where Silver Vision were based? Vince'll have Dave Taylor walking round the warehouse with a shovel looking for old stock

Presumably the training in the UK PC will consist of  body slams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams 

I would be interested in people's opinions on how this news will affect the UK independent scene? More so from a fans point of view, than a wrestlers.

It will free up spots on shows that would normally be filled up by now WWE contracted talent and give young wrestlers a real chance to step up and get noticed, but will it hurt non-WWE affiliated promotions? Will we see promotions closing down? Will the WWE control the UK and take over the scene like the WWF did in America in the 1980's or can everyone coexist and carry on putting together high quality shows, after the initial loss of talent ?

The crap promotions might be affected.  Well, they'll use it as an excuse for doing poorly anyway.

Did RPW suffer when WWE stopped them from using NXT UK guys 6 months ago?

Or did they draw some massive crowds, sell out 1000 seat buildings in advance, run more shows than they ever have before etc.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, air_raid said:

It's just you. He's fucking lovely. One of the nicest blokes I've ever met in the business. Goes out of his way for fans at live shows, especially those with special needs, and kids. He's a fucking diamond.

On Jericho's podcast, Trent was by far the funniest of the three. I couldn't believe what a great personality he had. Felt like someone you'd want to be mates with. Great to hear he's like that with fans.

It feels like there's fuck all buzz about TakeOver in Blackpool. It's just a show that is happening. I can't imagine there are many people particularly excited about it, despite the fact that it'll probably be a good show.

35 minutes ago, The Dart said:

The crap promotions might be affected.  Well, they'll use it as an excuse for doing poorly anyway.

Did RPW suffer when WWE stopped them from using NXT UK guys 6 months ago?

Or did they draw some massive crowds, sell out 1000 seat buildings in advance, run more shows than they ever have before etc.

RPW is my favourite British company and has been for quite some time but they have an agreement with New Japan and all of their big shows over the past 6 months have been headlined by Tomohiro Ishii or Minoru Suzuki.

Whilst RPW Will still be using these names among other New Japan talent, I couldn’t mention one name Progress or other British promotions currently use who would be able to make people buy tickets once the NXT UK talent disappear. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

It feels like there's fuck all buzz about TakeOver in Blackpool. It's just a show that is happening. I can't imagine there are many people particularly excited about it, despite the fact that it'll probably be a good show.

Whilst the fact that I'm going definitely biases me, I think there definitely IS an element of what you've said here and it does feel at times as if the 'buzz' is as cold as cucumbers. Yet I seem to remember the UK Championship Tournament having relatively low levels of buzz initially - most of the guys in there, with the exception of Dunne, were looked at as second tier at best - and look how that turned out. So I'm hopeful!