Jump to content
wordsfromlee

WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is it me or is trent seven a tosser I can't really stand him... He's full of his own self importance 

It's just you. He's fucking lovely. One of the nicest blokes I've ever met in the business. Goes out of his way for fans at live shows, especially those with special needs, and kids. He's a fucking diamond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bumped into him once in a club in Wolvo after an FCP show and he was sound. Tyler Bate was an arsehole however.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Load of shite that presser. Only thing of note was Radzi's Kenneth Williams-esque "She needs no introduction but I'll give her one" for Charlotte Flair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Load of shite that presser. Only thing of note was Radzi's Kenneth Williams-esque "She needs no introduction but I'll give her one" for Charlotte Flair.

Him getting The Game and the start of Charlotte's theme as entrance music too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Load of shite that presser. Only thing of note was Radzi's Kenneth Williams-esque "She needs no introduction but I'll give her one" for Charlotte Flair.

They always are, in fairness. The UK Tourney one in a couple of years ago was exactly the same, lots of corporate fluff. The UK PC looks great though. I'd be very curious what the location is for it. Assuming somewhere in and around London? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mim731 said:

They always are, in fairness. The UK Tourney one in a couple of years ago was exactly the same, lots of corporate fluff. The UK PC looks great though. I'd be very curious what the location is for it. Assuming somewhere in and around London? 

Enfield apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snugglecakes said:

Enfield apparently.

Makes sense. Lots of warehouse space and parking. Presumably it's on an industrial estate beside a carpet wholesalers and a DPD depot.

Edited by mim731
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Makes sense. Lots of warehouse space and parking. Presumably it's on an industrial estate beside a carpet wholesalers and a DPD depot.

It does look like a big warehouse with "offices" built out plywood in a corner. Like a big carpet shop or the home of Lucha Underground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weezenal said:

It's on an industrial estate.

It’ll be Innova Park then probably, that’s a stones throw from me, shit loads of warehouses over that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw someone post a few days a go about how long Pete Dunne's title reign has been.  They said something along the lines of "when he won the title I was in high school, I'm now in my second year at University and he's still champ"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye it's something silly like 600 days now. I hope they don't put it on Coffey at Takeover just to get it off Dunne, even with Gallus I don't see him as a big enough draw as champion for the brand. I know Dunne has to go on to bigger and better things soon and the main roster beckons, but Coffey doesn't feel like the answer for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't watch the video with sound because I'm at work so not sure if it gets referenced but look at old man Steptoe directly infront of the hardcam. What's HBK's role in this? Short stint as a trainer here or maybe flitting back and forth between the UK and Florida?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I saw someone post a few days a go about how long Pete Dunne's title reign has been.  They said something along the lines of "when he won the title I was in high school, I'm now in my second year at University and he's still champ"

If we're doing this, I got drunk and bought his "500 dayz" t shirt 100 dayz ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, Michaels was a producer on a few of the NXT UK tapings. I imagine he's there in the early going to get things up and running as WWE expect, before handing over to whoever the UK Performance Centre crew are likely to be; likely Johnny Saint, Marty Jones and Johnny Moss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...