WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

Yikes, that promo is bad. Pre-taped and edited, and that's the best they can come up with? Shocking. As someone else said, she comes across as someone (badly) pretending to be a heel. All I've seen of NXT UK is this promo and a flippy floppy match (not sure who the wrestlers were)- I don't think I'll watch any more. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

So this has happened. What a strange choice of sponsorship (Both NXT UK and the Football Club).

Fancy putting Eddie Dennis next to a footballer who A) Looks completely disinterested and B) Towers over him. The other pictures as hilarious.

image.thumb.png.0780e177bfa33b65a39bec1b777fb3bc.png

4 minutes ago, Nick James said:

So this has happened. What a strange choice of sponsorship (Both NXT UK and the Football Club).

Fancy putting Eddie Dennis next to a footballer who A) Looks completely disinterested and B) Towers over him. The other pictures as hilarious.

So to qualify to play for Enfield Town now do you have to grow a beard and have done something sexually inappropriate? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

If you're gonna put your wrestlers next to athletes for mainstream crossover I really don't think the immediate takeaway from it should be "if the wrestlers fought the footballers I reckon the footballers would win pretty easily". The state of these pricks.

Just so utterly cringe.

What's the point? To try and get another 6 viewers so the grand total is 26 viewers per week?

The worst part is this kind of shows WWE are not planning on shutting it down for at least another 9 months, I'm genuinely fascinated at the ticket sales when it returns to live audiences, they were sheeting off seats before all the SO stuff.