WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, chokeout said:

Imagine a world where that's the best take in a pre taped vignette!  Whoever is in charge of teaching promos has their work cut out there. 

Good chance this was produced by professional actor/smug twat from Progress Glen Joseph. It felt very much like one of the shitty vignettes they used to do.

To be fair to her its not like there's many places out there giving women a chance to cut promos. Sure, there's Stardom, but since a lot of the audience probably didn't understand her anyway and they don't exactly seem to have much direction for promos beyond "sit down there and say something" I wouldn't imagine she's had much of a chance to develop her promos.

4 minutes ago, Vamp said:

To be fair to her its not like there's many places out there giving women a chance to cut promos. Sure, there's Stardom, but since a lot of the audience probably didn't understand her anyway and they don't exactly seem to have much direction for promos beyond "sit down there and say something" I wouldn't imagine she's had much of a chance to develop her promos.

I don’t think it’s so much the content, which wasn’t exactly anything great let’s be honest, but that her delivery was as wooden as Sherwood Forest. Even if they only had one day in which to film that promo, it was 30 seconds long, even the most am-dram of actors can turn out something better than that

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Vamp said:

By many places, do you mean most big wrestling organisations?

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Good chance this was produced by professional actor/smug twat from Progress Glen Joseph. It felt very much like one of the shitty vignettes they used to do.

Did he not get punted during speaking out? Or was it just from Progress? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t think it’s so much the content, which wasn’t exactly anything great let’s be honest, but that her delivery was as wooden as Sherwood Forest. 

She's always been someone who feels like she's playing A Wrestling Heel rather than actually being one. No sense of believability to her at all.

• Paid Members

Always a red flag when people can’t even deliver the actual truth convincingly. For someone who has travelled the world, you’d come out of that promo absolutely convinced she’s never left her post code.

17 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Priestley’s promos the past 6 months in Stardom have had her saying fuck or fucking after every other word so I’m not surprised she’s so bad.

Only time I found her tolerable was when she was teaming with Hayter. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Priestley’s promos the past 6 months in Stardom have had her saying fuck or fucking after every other word so I’m not surprised she’s so bad.

Only time I saw her work was at the backroom of a pub in Balham. She was the heel and her heel work consisted of her endlessly calling her opponent a cunt over and over. It didn't get any reaction from the crowd at all. Worst match on the show and she was one of the few on it who wasn't a student.

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Only time I saw her work was at the backroom of a pub in Balham. She was the heel and her heel work consisted of her endlessly calling her opponent a cunt over and over. It didn't get any reaction from the crowd at all. Worst match on the show and she was one of the few on it who wasn't a student.

Must’ve gone to the School of Letting Off Steam