WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

Wwe uk started to stifle there being a standalone scene over here 

wwe uk gets it’s own tv show to stifle and take names away from WOS

Renamed nxt to show it’s not at a wwe name level and an under brand 

Make all the wrestlers wrestle in a bland wwe style that was against the alternative that made the uk scene grow as people wanted something different 

now make them wrestle in an pre 90s style that was seen as too dull to keep attention away from the fast action wwf and killed the scene off for years 

just why is this a thing now?!?

2 hours ago, Louch said:

Make all the wrestlers wrestle in a bland wwe style that was against the alternative that made the uk scene grow as people wanted something different 

now make them wrestle in an pre 90s style that was seen as too dull to keep attention away from the fast action wwf and killed the scene off for years 

just why is this a thing now?!?

Now I've not seen every week of the show at all, but how much is that first point really true? I can't say I've felt much of the roster's style has changed compared to what they were doing elsewhere. Maybe not overly killing themselves every week but that's no bad thing.

I'm all for them trying something else. You don't want them to be 'bland' doing the usual WWE style but you also don't want them to do something different either.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Now I've not seen every week of the show at all, but how much is that first point really true? I can't say I've felt much of the roster's style has changed compared to what they were doing elsewhere. Maybe not overly killing themselves every week but that's no bad thing.

I'm all for them trying something else. You don't want them to be 'bland' doing the usual WWE style but you also don't want them to do something different either.

How much non wwe stuff where you going to? How many really fun gripping nxt uk matches have there been? How few people are paying to watch nxt uk shows compared to the indies the guys all came from? 

rounds died as it’s not what the crowd see as exciting. No point being different if heading towards something even worse. You’d get more from more freedom than making a gimmick tournament that stifles creativity 

As @The Dart said, he was on the recent comeback taping which presumably they taped a fair chunk of. He still lives in Austria, so currently he has to self-isolate for 14 days upon arriving in the UK (Austria was taken off of the Department for Transport’s ‘Travel Corridors’ list in August) so depending on when the next tapings are, he’d have to travel 2 weeks in advance in order to make them

• Paid Members

They sort of moved Grizzled Young Veterans to "proper" NXT in the first couple of months of the year - after getting to the Dusty Cup final as NXT:UK reps they stuck around in Florida and got a little bit of a push, beating Joaquin Wilde & Raul Mendoza (before they became Escobar's lucha mafia) and the Forgotten Songs.

Then obviously the pandemic hit and presumably they were stuck back here - as Dart says, you'd assume they'll pop up on these shows at some point even if they longer term plans are for them to end up Stateside, like Pete Dunne.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

This week's title main event was fucking brutal. Still wincing right now. That would've played out so well in front of a crowd. Shame really.

I don’t normally watch UK, but due to this match I tuned in. Couldn’t believe how stiff it was, despite knowing both Wrestlers. Really had me on the edge of my seat as well. A barnstormer 

Apparently Rampage Brown has signed for NXT:UK. I imagine he’s been brought in to be an experienced hand to help with the younger guys rather be a top talent on the brand. 
Good for him, he’s worked hard for years on the independent circuit. If they’re going to do just one big match with him, let’s see if he and Walter can break the ring again like they did in Progress a few years ago