WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I was tempted to go but I could only find tickets for £30 even though there's apparently meant to be a cheaper tier at £15 according to the Skydome site?

I imagine those will have been the sections that are no longer being used, so to stop people buying the cheap tickets to then move them to fill the more expensive sections they’ll have removed them from sale

• Paid Members

There was a decent crowd in last night. The hard cam bleachers were empty buteverything opposite the hard cam was full and the floor seating that was set out was full on each side. Really good night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Three years since Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne has that belter at Takeover Chicago.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but did they never do a rematch in NXT UK? Seems crazy to never go back to something so great. That super-fast Airplane Spin remains one of my favourite spots ever.

They did have another match on proper NXT, but by the time NXT UK had started they'd become allies.  So they could have had a friendly competition match on NXT UK, but without any kind of rivalry it probably wouldn't have been as awesome, although who knows, it might have been even more awesome.  Either way, it didn't happen.  Dunne vs. Bate at that Royal Albert Hall show would have been great.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what their plans are for this going forward with the pandemic? Are the wrestlers furloughed?

I think they could benefit from a studio in the same manner as NWA power, bulk film. 

They could still have a taping pre takeover or day after yet too many in one go kills the atmosphere.

Triple H mentioned during the U.K. PC opening press conference that they were also able to use it as a sound stage. I took from that that they were always planning to record TV in there same as full sail/NXT - so I’d imagine they will just tape behind closed doors. Probably soon, now that closed door sports etc have the go ahead.