WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, rollthedice said:

Does anyone know what time doors open to tonight and tomorrow nights york tapings? It doesnt say on the tickets and the venues phone number just connects to Ticketmaster.

Thanks in advance.

ticketmasters website says 19:30 start so its normally an hour or so in advance of that

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, rollthedice said:

Does anyone know what time doors open to tonight and tomorrow nights york tapings? It doesnt say on the tickets and the venues phone number just connects to Ticketmaster.

Thanks in advance.

Meet & Greet 6pm

Main doors 6:30pm

Show starts 7:30pm

Finish approx. 10:30pm

Some news coming out the York tapings, which has also affected today’s Progress show-

Eddie Dennis has buggered his shoulder again following a Steel Corners Street Fight (No DQ Match with turnbuckle pads removed) against Trent Seven.

As a result,he’s going to be out of action again and today vacated the Progress Unified World Title

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

"UK Takeover Dublin" is a title that probably could have done with some workshopping, though.

Potentially interestingly, it clashes with a PROGRESS date. I imagine PROGRESS will end up moving it, but it speaks volumes as to how WWE sees them. 

• Paid Members

That’s not true. A lot of UK fans go to Dublin a lot for OTT shows. And all seem to get relatively cheap flights too. The thing is, this stars Progress have are mostly NXT UK contracted wrestlers and they’re in a situation where they can’t have non contracted wrestlers go over the majority of the time. They can put on a show, but there’s no one really who’s a draw for them now. Cara Noir has gained a following, but he’s no Walter or Pete Dunne. Or an old regular import like Matt Riddle. 

I’m sure Progress have moved dates before because of something WWE related? They’ve definitely moved a show or two around so wouldn’t be surprised if this one that clashes does as well. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

More pressing, I imagine is that both of the remaining big cheeses at Progress are producers for NXT UK, so will probably be working for WWE that day.

Yeah, that's my main point. It's not a question of whether it's Tyler Bate or Chuck Mambo on the card, it's that the bosses are away. 

I imagine Progress will move their date, but it shows that it's hardly a reciprocal relationship between them and WWE. The Progress lads will be out on their arse the moment WWE decide they've outlived their usefulness - and for what?

Wwe decide their dates, and everyone else moves there. They have done the same across ICW’s traditional Shugs House party weekend in July by running in Glasgow the Friday and Saturday, when ICW would be the Saturday & Sunday usually. They both thrived through being the wwe alternatives, and are now dictated to by wwe. Really  hope the short term gains of the tie ups don’t have long term consequences for those involved